Would it be possible to use Fauna as a “trust” for trades? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Would you use Fauna as a "trust" for trades?
I would certainly use it 25 86.21%
I prefer my trades to remain private 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2005, 01:03 AM   #71
WebSlave
OK, the forum is in place, and Dan is the official moderator of it. Dan, if you want someone else to join you as moderator, let me know. Your decision to make, but I would suggest you try it alone for a spell first.

Thanks.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:14 AM   #72
Dennis Hultman
Congratulations Dan. I think it will be a great addition to Fauna.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:26 AM   #73
PaulSage
I know the forum has already been set up and I'm commenting on this a little late, but I thought I might as well add a few thoughts to it. Sorry if I repeat anything; I read the last 1/2 of this thread backwards.

1.) I think this is a great idea and a useful tool with a lot of potential for "newer" people like myself. A public airing of a proposed transaction prior to any exchange might make a buyer more comfortable dealing with someone like me who isn't well-known. I can see how established breeders wouldn't find it necessary though.

2.) I understand that participation would be mutual and voluntary, and I think that's the best way to go. Let's say I'm justifiably skeptical about making a purchase from a breeder who is not well-known. If he declines my offer to post the agreement, I could formulate an opinion on why he wouldn't want to make it public. I would then either continue or abort the transaction. True, it may dissuade me from going ahead with a transaction that would be flawless, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

3.) If information, pictures, details etc. are posted by either party, would they have the ability to go back and edit/delete their posts? I didn't see that mentioned anywhere. I think it would be good if it worked like the BOI where only moderators can alter posts. That way neither party can go back and change what they've said or replace/remove pictures.

4.) Someone mentioned 3rd parties interfering with a transaction. Would there be new warning points created to deal with such incidents? If so, I think it would help prevent backfires if strict guidelines were created to deal with such an occasion should it arise. For example, if I see that a new member is planning a transaction with a known bad guy, would I get in trouble for sending him a PM with a link to a bad guy thread about the other party?

Just my 5:00am thoughts... sorry if they're a little murky.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:19 AM   #74
The BoidSmith
Thanks Rich, I’ll do as you suggest.
Quote:
3.) If information, pictures, details etc. are posted by either party, would they have the ability to go back and edit/delete their posts? I didn't see that mentioned anywhere. I think it would be good if it worked like the BOI where only moderators can alter posts. That way neither party can go back and change what they've said or replace/remove pictures.
Paul,
The participants in the agreement will not be able to amend anything. If they want to change something they will have to post again and say so. If not it would be very easy to start changing conditions at will. As far as a third party trying to bend the agreement in their favor it might happen, he better make sure that no-one learns about it.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:58 AM   #75
hhmoore
OH, Come on now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
BTW Rich, anyone who remembers "Truth or Consequences" is OLD!!

I hate to admit it but I remember that show too.
I remember Truth or Consequences, and I'm not that old...unless you ask my wife - but I snagged a youngster

Old 08-30-2005, 09:49 AM   #76
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I'm not that old...unless you ask my wife - but I snagged a youngster
Me too and me too.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #77
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Thanks Rich, I’ll do as you suggest.

Paul,
The participants in the agreement will not be able to amend anything. If they want to change something they will have to post again and say so. If not it would be very easy to start changing conditions at will. As far as a third party trying to bend the agreement in their favor it might happen, he better make sure that no-one learns about it.
Dan,

Text can be locked. The same is not true for photos. They are easy to change if they are stored on another server. I might suggest that all pictures be submitted to the moderator and posted on Fauna's server so they cannot be altered or substituted later.

Rich,

Can you make space available to Dan for this?

Old 08-30-2005, 12:11 PM   #78
DragonCharm
In case you haven't noticed yet.......Frankenforum lives! http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=826

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!