New adult Giant APTOR male...market price? What to pair with him? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
Pink Lady Exotics
Question New adult Giant APTOR male...market price? What to pair with him?

Hey all -- I have kept reptiles for the last 10 years, but mainly snakes. I've had one leopard gecko in the past which was a rescue, and I gave her to my brother (which he still has her, a beautiful Tremper albino). I recently got a really gorgeous Giant APTOR male on a trade, and I was originally going to sell him but I'm not sure what his market price should be? I'm also debating on keeping him if I can find a really nice female for him. What morph should I be looking for to pair with him? I was thinking another really nice APTOR, preferably a Giant or Super Giant. Thoughts?

Also, what are the size ranges for Giants? My boy is 1 year old and I weighed him at 74g last night. The person I got him from said he was a Giant but I just want to make sure. I attached a pic of him, best I can get until I can get him outside to use natural daylight. Please let me know what you all think!
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Tanggecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Lady Exotics View Post
Hey all -- I have kept reptiles for the last 10 years, but mainly snakes. I've had one leopard gecko in the past which was a rescue, and I gave her to my brother (which he still has her, a beautiful Tremper albino). I recently got a really gorgeous Giant APTOR male on a trade, and I was originally going to sell him but I'm not sure what his market price should be? I'm also debating on keeping him if I can find a really nice female for him. What morph should I be looking for to pair with him? I was thinking another really nice APTOR, preferably a Giant or Super Giant. Thoughts?

Also, what are the size ranges for Giants? My boy is 1 year old and I weighed him at 74g last night. The person I got him from said he was a Giant but I just want to make sure. I attached a pic of him, best I can get until I can get him outside to use natural daylight. Please let me know what you all think!
Hes a great looking gecko. Do you know how old he is? 74g is small for a giant if hes fully grown. How long is he?

A lot of Aptors are het eclipse. If your going to breed him I would look into getting a Raptor, Eclipse or something het Raptor/Eclipse.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
Pink Lady Exotics
I had mentioned he's a year old in my first post, but I have no idea at what age leo's are considered fully grown. As for length -- from tip to tip, he's about 7-8".

Old 10-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Tanggecko
Oh, sorry must have missed that. Leo's are pretty much full grown at a year. Giant males are usually over ten inches long and 100+ grams.

He's still a great looking gecko. He has good body color and a nice amount of carrot tail.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!