Gruesome Gaboon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-06-2004, 12:32 PM   #1
Hognose_311
Talking Gruesome Gaboon

better?

Old 10-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #2
Ken Harbart
You are aware that it's not kosher to post other people's pics without their permission and without crediting them for the pic, right?

Old 10-07-2004, 08:31 PM   #3
Gregg M
Hey now!!!!!!!!!
Whats with posting MY pic????
I normaly would not have a problem if someone likes my pic enough to post it on a forum, but atleast credit my name to it....

Old 10-08-2004, 07:27 AM   #4
Hognose_311
Actually the URL is on there, and i have some info that maybe you should have known, right??

Old 10-08-2004, 08:16 AM   #5
Hognose_311
ISSUE OF COPYRIGHTS
Based on the following Supreme Court decision (Feist Publications, Inc. v. Rural Internet Service Co., 499 US 340, 349(1991), an article can be electronically printed or copied, in its entirety, if complete attribution is included: author, date, publication and that its copyrighted, and published by a non-profit organization that receives no money for its publication. This means that herp societies, that dont charge membership fees, have to summarize an article since both parties tacitly agree that by no payment of membership dues, they're not paying for certain services, such as receipt of the graphic image.

Old 10-08-2004, 11:57 AM   #6
Seamus Haley
Kind of testing something here... Determining if posts can be edited by users in the photo forums and what, if any message is displayed when they are.

In that I personally don't remember Gregg's URL being up there before and frankly I doubt it would have caused the stir that it did.

Beyond which... In addition to pissing everyone off with your lies on the thread which has turned into a venomoid debate- regardless of the legalities of posting credited photos online, it's not POLITE and is NOT a good way to behave on a public and widely used herp board. The owner of the photo, while a fairly laid back guy, obviously didn't appreciate it, obviously wasn't asked for permission and is very much so a respected individual in the hobby. Think long and hard about the toes you're stepping on and what they might tell their friends.

Edit: Yes, users can edit their own post in these sections.

Second Edit: And there is no message on the post indicating if it was edited, when or by who... So I'm going to go ahead and say that Gregg's URL was edited in after this kid got in trouble. Seriously now... just how many lies do you want to be caught in and how much back peddling will you have to do before you realize that you can't get away with BSing on a site like this?

Old 10-08-2004, 12:09 PM   #7
robin d.
im sure if we really wanted to know we could ask the webslave to check his record tracker or soemthing to refresh little mikeys memory that the link was not there originally until brought up.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:22 PM   #8
beakgeek
Quote:
an <b>article</b> can be electronically printed
As a photographer I know for a fact that the <b>Photograph</b> can't be printed or used in any form without the consent of the photographer. If you look at the text you posted it say <b>ARTICLE</b> not photograph.

I have had nature images stolen and I can tell you from my personal experience that Gregg could get you for copyright infringement if he felt like it Especially since he has the following clearly printed at the bottom of his index page:

"Copyright © 2004. All rights reserved!!"

Regards,

Terry

Old 10-08-2004, 12:36 PM   #9
robin d.
Terry i love you man :sniff sniff: brinmgs a slight tear to my eye to see such knowledge posted... poor kid... wait naw at 15 you should know better. At 15 i knew what plagiarism was and what a copyright was soooooooo there is no excuse

(julie i dont "love" him in that way, its in the "you da man" sorta way.... wait... its like in the " terry knows his photography and copyright laws shizzle way")

Old 10-08-2004, 12:47 PM   #10
Hognose_311
I dont feel like having all of this crap start again so ill delete it, hopefully that will make everyone happy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!