Site issues with mobile devices - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:12 AM   #1
Insomniac101
Site issues with mobile devices

Hiya Kids,

Is anyone else having problems with pages loading very slowly, or not at all?

I've been experiencing this for the past few days while using my phone, and tablet. I haven't tried using my desktop, so just wanted to ask if this is happening to other people. Trying to figure out if it's my phone or a site problem.

Thanks!

Kathy

Old 08-22-2017, 12:35 AM   #2
Croghans Reptiles
I've been having to reload a page because it gets "stuck" loading. Also, the search bar disappears when I go to type.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:36 AM   #3
Robert Walker
Are you using regular Fauna in a browser or the Tapatalk app?

Old 08-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #4
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Hiya Kids,

Is anyone else having problems with pages loading very slowly, or not at all?

I've been experiencing this for the past few days while using my phone, and tablet. I haven't tried using my desktop, so just wanted to ask if this is happening to other people. Trying to figure out if it's my phone or a site problem.

Thanks!

Kathy
I haven't seen any issues, faunaclassifieds works better than most sites, on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croghans Reptiles View Post
I've been having to reload a page because it gets "stuck" loading. Also, the search bar disappears when I go to type.
What I have to do is, open the search bar in a new tab.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Are you using regular Fauna in a browser or the Tapatalk app?
Regular Fauna site, using Google Chrome. It's weird, because nothing has changed on my phone - no system updates, or new apps. Seems better this morning though.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #6
WebSlave
Haven't seen any problems on my end. But honestly the browser you use seems to make a BIG difference. I was using Firefox, but kept on running into issue after issue until finally I went with Chrome. Problems all went away, and page loads are lightning fast. Over the years, I think I have tried every browser available, and it seems that I just have to rotate through them now and again as problems overtake the current one I am using. Sometimes I have had to just stick with the one was using at the time, as after trying out the others, I found that they were even worse, or lacked a feature I considered as being critical to what I want to do on the internet.

And when I put a faster video card in my PC, that also made a noticeable difference in speed as well. I'm getting ready to update the driver on my video card, and it isn't unusual for even doing something minor like that to cause something, somewhere, to break on me.

There are a lot of things involved between you hitting a key or clicking a screen icon or using a mouse to click on a link and the requested page finally shows up on your device. If you know how to run a traceroute, just look at the number of servers this all has to go through, any one of which could dramatically affect throughput.

Seriously, the more you learn about how all this works, the more amazing it seems that it even works at all.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:53 PM   #7
Croghans Reptiles
I use chrome on my Android. I assume it's the phone causing this since I have multiple issues with the phone, but only since getting it have I had issues with the site.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:33 PM   #8
Insomniac101
It's working much better for me after the server move.

Kathy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!