Super Cinnamon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
xThankless
Super Cinnamon

Hello, Im not a real ball python guy, but super cinnamons always catch my eye. Im not a breeder or anything, and just want to add one as I like the looks, and ball pythons are always cool.

What should I expect to pay? And where would you reccomend getting one?
thanks

Old 04-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
David Reid
See if Tim Bailey has one. He produced a Hypo Super Cinn that was amazing. Or, buy a female Cinn and a male Cinn cross for way less, and produce your own.

Dave

Old 04-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
Kingofspades
Honestly...for the price of a ready to breed female cinnamon, you could buy a male super cinnamon.
I paid $900 for a 1900 gram female cinnamon. I've seen super cinnamon males going for $1000.

Yes, it's cheaper of you get a male and female baby cinnamon and raise them, but then you also run the risk of not producing the super, one or both of the animals just not being fertile...etc etc.

Just my two cents.

The same thing happened to me when it came to gargoyles. They were $1700...so I was like "Oh... I will buy the ingredients!"
Bought the female cinnamon, and a male red axanthic for $650...and now you can get a male gargoyle for $550 shipped. I could have waited and saved $1100.
Sure, I have future use for the female cinny...but still.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
RobNJ
If you're looking for one as a pet only, you may be able to find one with minor kinking or duckbilling for quite a bit less than the going price. You'd be getting an otherwise perfectly healthy animal, just with a deformity that is inherent with the mutation. That's if you don't mind a somewhat slightly or more deformed, yet healthy baby.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
xThankless
Yea idk, I expected them being a super they wouldn't cost a grand. Doesn't make allot of since to me to get a morph if Im not going to breed it. Which I wont, probably end up going with a olive or mackalots if they are that pricey.

What would a kinked shoot for Rob?

And thanks for all the advice

Old 04-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #6
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by xThankless View Post
I expected them being a super they wouldn't cost a grand.
Since they make all cinny clutches the demand for them is still high, especially for one without kinks or duckbill.

Quote:
Doesn't make allot of since to me to get a morph if Im not going to breed it. Which I wont
I agree, and if you're not a ball python guy then maybe a snake you are more passionate about would make sense.

Quote:
probably end up going with a olive or mackalots if they are that pricey.
There you go

Old 04-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
RobNJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by xThankless View Post

What would a kinked shoot for Rob?
Can't say for sure, as I'm sure it varies, but I've seen less than physically perfect snakes go for very steep discounts before. I was offered a kinked super cinny in a trade for a $600ish snake.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
gsrept
if its kinked not worth more than free to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!