Totally heartbroken - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-31-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
ChuUtena
Totally heartbroken

Okay, I was going into my room tonight to feed all the geckos. While I walking over to the crested cage I heard this weird rustling noise. When i look in I see my female crested flipping around and thrashing like crazy. Then she just stopped and now she is dead. She had like some sort of serizure. At first I though maybe the male bit her (not that he ever had before, but she was flipping out) but the male was "sleeping" peacefully in one of the hides. She just died. I'm so upset, but it's more of a confused upset. Is this common, or at least not uncommon enough for me to worry? They ate crickets and peach baby food mixed with the crested diet and I think she ate three waxworms in her entire year and a half old life.

The only upside to the whole thing is I'm getting three leos from Overton tomorrow. I guess I just needed to vent.

Old 05-31-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
Gekkonida
Venting is a good thing. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:12 PM   #3
Xelda
I'm really sorry. Usually whenever I have an animal die, my mom buries it in her garden. It helps her plants grow, which puts my mind at a little more ease.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:25 PM   #4
g&mgeckos
Sorry to hear of your loss. It makes it hard when you really don't know why. Best wishes.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:27 PM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
Oh no...

Kristen, I'm so sorry! Losing one of our gentle, beloved creatures leaves such a hole in our hearts, and especially when we don't know why it happened. I hope that the new geckos you receive tomorrow will at least fill a part of that hole... my thoughts are withyou.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:45 PM   #6
nydrgnldy
Ohhh nooo I am sooo sorry.i wish I knew what causes that.I had it happen last year to a young leo.I still don't know what causes it.Its a horrible thing both for the animal and for you to see.i am soo sorry .
Robin

Old 06-01-2005, 12:47 AM   #7
sircat
sorry to hear
did you add calcium to their diet? I feed crickets and CGD mixed with babyfood...at one point a female's eggs seemed undercalcified so I added some calcium to their diet...she got shakes and stiffened and was limp...luckily I was able to save her...I seperated her out, put her under UV and she ate and was fine...I stopped adding calcium and it never happened again and all is well since...sorry to hear the sad news, and I hope that they all do well in the future

Old 06-01-2005, 12:52 PM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
so sorry to hear about your loss, that is really sad to have one die and witness a death that you couldn't do anything about. I hope your others are well and that your new arrivals tomorrow put a little happiness back in your heart!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #9
thesnakecharmer
I am very sorry to hear about your loss,,, I wonder why that happened. It is definitely hard to lose a pet for unknown reasons. Keep your head up, your new geckos are bound to bring you a lot of joy.
Take Care,
Nicole

Old 06-01-2005, 03:30 PM   #10
USAGECKOS
I am so sorry about your loss, I think I would have completely lost it is I had witnessed that. I hope things are better with your new little ones!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!