Bad Guy Concern with a "breeder" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
NightmareDisco
Concern with a "breeder"

http://www.faunaclassified.com/forum...d.php?t=285145

This post is my concern. This person is trying to sell this poor skin and bones girl for $250 as a breeder! She is so skinny, if she were bred, she'd probably die. I emailed him and politely expressed my concern and he didn't even have the decency to answer me. A friend of mine also emailed with no response. This may not be my business, I only joined this site to buy my baby boy and I did, so if you wanna ban me, go ahead. But this is bs, I feel like these posts need to be more heavily moderated in terms of the animal's health. If someone who knew nothing about dragons bought her and bred her, she'd end up dead and they'd be out a whole lotta money. His other post also shows 2 very skinny dragons.

And my name is Kristiina Smith

Old 11-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Payara
Who would the moderating? It takes time and a lot of energy for the upkeep and maintenance of this site already, your asking a lot, they are already volunteering their time to do what they do. Plus, do you realize how many ads come through this site? It's the buyers responsibility to do research before making a purchase. I applaud you for emailing the breeder but I wouldn't hold my breath for a response.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareDisco View Post
http://www.faunaclassified.com/forum...d.php?t=285145

This post is my concern. This person is trying to sell this poor skin and bones girl for $250 as a breeder!.

And my name is Kristiina Smith
You did not buy anything so no harm no foul!
I have also noticed some skinny dragons being offered for sale here.

Are you posting under another persons acct.?

Old 11-26-2011, 01:26 AM   #4
clintdowns
I stumbled over this and read the post. Here is what it says, "I am currently downsizing my bearded dragon collection. Below is my beautiful female Sandfire bearded dragon. She is 21.5" long, and produces very large clutches of eggs. I am asking $225 for her shipped.

Thank you, and please let me know if you have any questions!"

Not one time did he say she was or could be a breeder. He said she produces large clutches of eggs.

Also the dragon does not look bad in this picture. A different angle might change that but with what you can see she looks fine.

Thanks

Old 11-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #5
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintdowns View Post
I stumbled over this and read the post. Here is what it says, "I am currently downsizing my bearded dragon collection. Below is my beautiful female Sandfire bearded dragon. She is 21.5" long, and produces very large clutches of eggs. I am asking $225 for her shipped.

Thank you, and please let me know if you have any questions!"

Not one time did he say she was or could be a breeder. He said she produces large clutches of eggs.

Also the dragon does not look bad in this picture. A different angle might change that but with what you can see she looks fine.

Thanks
The fact that he eluded to the fact she produces large clutches made me think she is a breeder and I am sure others thought the same.

She does look extremely under weight, its not a bad camera angel look at that spine and tail.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #6
ozz465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
You did not buy anything so no harm no foul!
I have also noticed some skinny dragons being offered for sale here.

Are you posting under another persons acct.?
Damn ed , u became a crusader now that some forgot your seedy past huh?

Old 11-26-2011, 01:47 AM   #7
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz465 View Post
Damn ed , u became a crusader now that some forgot your seedy past huh?
Do you have anything on topic to add to this thread or are you looking to start a fight?

I seen this beardie ad when it was first posted and wanted to add a comment to the ad about how skinny she is but thought better.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:50 AM   #8
ozz465
No argument the beardie looks skinny but After your YEAR LON Ban, its common sense to suspect peoples in your situation.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:52 AM   #9
clintdowns
WOW, people are so quick to jump on other people here when it has absolutely. Othing to even do with the original post.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:55 AM   #10
WebSlave
Please read the rules for posting on the BOI. Your thread will be locked to give you an opportunity to cut and paste your text into a properly formatted thread before it is deleted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread