Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse - Page 66 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #651
Gerards
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecop View Post
Might I add to this that the breeder where my problem zonatas came from, (same breeder Jerry and many others purchased animals from), was very upfront and honest about having had zonata disease in his collection. He told everyone that I know of whom purchased animals from him. He did say that the surviving zd sufferers had "recovered" for the most part and they still had some lower body mobility problems, but that they were not contagious and the rest of the collection seemed fine. IMO an honest statement at the time, for we still are not sure how this is trasmitted. However, for most of the five animals I got from him to have come down with zd, and the rest of my animals which came from different sources to be fine, leads me to believe this was transmitted among the five animals somehow. My collection is thriving and I have had no issues since removing the sick (put in the freezer) and having since removed the others to a different room for precautions. They will never rejoin the colony.

Joe
That's what I was talking about, I can't wait to get a couple animals from you. Even though you had it in your collection doesn't mean I would not buy from you. Talking with you and reading Mr Mulks posts have left me feeling a lot more educated about the condition. I look forward to keeping zonata and hopefully producing a couple too.
I do not know Jerry personally but the end result of this transaction between him and Stu ended with Stu being pleased(his words). That's how it should end, not Dingle recapping the same thing over fifty times out of spite. Nothing better to do? Sad!

Old 04-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #652
laterob
Quote:
I do not know Jerry personally but the end result of this transaction between him and Stu ended with Stu being pleased(his words). That's how it should end, not Dingle recapping the same thing over fifty times out of spite. Nothing better to do? Sad!
Isn't that italicized part just what you've been complaining about in many of your posts?

Also, "I am happy to report that...(I received money)" could be a far cry off from saying "I am pleased about this entire transaction". Further, while I am glad that more information about ZD has been shared and more people have been educated as a result of this thread, the PURPOSE of this thread (and all others on the BOI) is to alert others to business practices (good or bad). The ZD conversations, technically, should take place in the discussion forums.

THIS forum (the BOI) is here to talk about transaction-related experiences. I am glad for the recaps every 15 pages or so...it helps remind me why this thread is here in the first place. Plain and simple, this thread is here because Stu was not happy with a transaction that took place between he and Jerry. As many others have pointed out, this thread provides information to potential future customers about how they can expect Jerry to respond to difficult situations. It also provides insight into many of the other people who've posted here. Finally, it provides insight to all sellers in terms of handling business transactions. In my opinion, there is a LOT of valuable information in this thread.

BTW, who's Dingle?

Old 04-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #653
joecop
Well, at least one positive I can think of that might come of this whole thread. I think future zonata sales might be priced a little more affordable now that many people know the risk of zd is real and could happen to anyone. I personaly have told folks that if I decided to sell some animals they will be in the 50-100 dollar range. Now, the ones Stu bought are rare animals, and pricing them higher is not out of the question, but for the most part most ssp of zonata might be priced lower with the known risk of zd. Glass half full?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #654
Gerards
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
Isn't that italicized part just what you've been complaining about in many of your posts?

Also, "I am happy to report that...(I received money)" could be a far cry off from saying "I am pleased about this entire transaction". Further, while I am glad that more information about ZD has been shared and more people have been educated as a result of this thread, the PURPOSE of this thread (and all others on the BOI) is to alert others to business practices (good or bad). The ZD conversations, technically, should take place in the discussion forums.

THIS forum (the BOI) is here to talk about transaction-related experiences. I am glad for the recaps every 15 pages or so...it helps remind me why this thread is here in the first place. Plain and simple, this thread is here because Stu was not happy with a transaction that took place between he and Jerry. As many others have pointed out, this thread provides information to potential future customers about how they can expect Jerry to respond to difficult situations. It also provides insight into many of the other people who've posted here. Finally, it provides insight to all sellers in terms of handling business transactions. In my opinion, there is a LOT of valuable information in this thread.

BTW, who's Dingle?
I will agree with you, the BOI works well for talking about transaction related experiences, wether it's personal or business. People that post their personal non educated opinions about one or the other parties is what I THINK is stupid. There were plenty of people with experience on the subject, on both persons and animals that made very good post for this thread. I said there is good info in this thread. My posting today started with the fact that I learned ZD isn't something that should stop someone from buying from someone. How they handle themselves and their business is not what I said. I also said that it ended in a good way, not that it was handled in a good way. Stu got refunded and learned something. Looking at it in the way of learning about everyone that post is a good point. I think that if the person makes good on the issue it should end on that point. If someone wants to learn about how it went down and the last page is of 5 guys talking crap about issues that were taken care of, it seems useless. What's the point of making anything right if you can't get credit for doing it? All the things said on the last page were said many times in this monster thread. If anyone should be talking, it should be Stu, who said to lay off of him now because he was happy with the outcome. Just my opinion.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecop View Post
Well, at least one positive I can think of that might come of this whole thread. I think future zonata sales might be priced a little more affordable now that many people know the risk of zd is real and could happen to anyone. I personaly have told folks that if I decided to sell some animals they will be in the 50-100 dollar range. Now, the ones Stu bought are rare animals, and pricing them higher is not out of the question, but for the most part most ssp of zonata might be priced lower with the known risk of zd. Glass half full?
I am glad I know people that work with these animals, to me they are very valuable. You let me know when those B&W's want to come live in Florida.....

Old 04-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #655
TONY D
Stu I’m aware you asked for a refund prior to coming to “this” forum but below is an except from your ORIGINAL post from which I made the observation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTennyson View Post
Gerard (Jerry) Kruse

He did not offer to take them back, refund my money or replace the animals. He adopted a “let’s just wait and see” attitude which left me feeling insecure. I felt at this point he was hoping I would just drift off into obscurity and stop bothering him. In any event I didn’t think he was going to do anything. I imagined that after waiting a little longer he would wash his hands of the problem saying it was definitely something I did since I would have had them a while at that point. Their condition started getting worse and looked exactly like what Brian Hubbs, author of Mountain Kings, describes as Mountain King (zonata) disease on page 258 of his book. I sent Jerry a picture and an email describing their condition but didn’t hear back from him for several weeks. Again his attitude was the same. He insisted it was something I was doing and offered nothing but “let’s wait and see” again. A month passed and I tried to contact him again but he did not respond. I figured that was it and I was on my own. Unfamiliar with this type of skin problem I posted it on Kingsnake.coms Mountain King forum.
Now there is a lot to say hear about the lack of communication on Jerry’s part (see 60 some pages worth) but per YOUR account you took this public prior to expressing that you wanted a refund. Yes it should have been obvious, yes this is not the example of prize winning customer service but you still didn’t make your expectations clear which I believe would have been a much quicker route to a resolution even if it STILL had to come to the forum. I never intended to say this was your fault but failing to express your expectations and blocking Jerry’s communications for a time certainly didn’t help shorten the time to resolution.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #656
thomas davis
Quote:

BTW, who's Dingle?

its very evident who's on who's side concerning this "deal". whats funny is watching it all unfold and there are volumes of insight as to some of the characters that have posted in this thread and why
bottom line jerry and his "kru" of followers have shown their true colors while trying to justify their own and jerrys actions/posts in this thread/deal.
its plain to see...
jerry kruse dug his own grave so to speak with this entire fiasco now his buddies feel the need to help him keep digging.
funny thing is its not about "sides" at all, its about right and wrong. sadly jerry and his followers dont seem to recognize that, thus the name calling. but after all the "fluff" its still very clear to anyone who reads it as to whats what and who's reputable and who's not.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #657
laterob
Now there are a couple good posts right there. I still think, based on what I've seen so far, that Stu wants Jerry to be left alone (at least partly) to make sure his check for mid-April is still good. A confession obtained under duress or coercion doesn't stick.

I guess we'll see in 11 days or so.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #658
TONY D
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas davis View Post

bottom line jerry and his "kru" of followers have shown their true colors while trying to justify their own and jerrys actions/posts in this thread/deal.
Thomas yes Jerry is a friend and that is based on first hand experience with him over many years. I'm not discounting other's experience but I feel like I should be able to relate my own without having my motives or character questioned. Doing so demeans the BOI and if you doubt me on that read webslaves post about killing the messenger:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=236966

Lastly you know I also have a long history of taking the least popular side of an issue to advance a conversation. On many occasions I've sided with you over hybridization issues when your combative style made you a very hard person to defend or sympathize with.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #659
rattler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

Here is the post. Agree or disagree on the statements and thoughts of another member but it seems to me that it is a opinion on the character of Jerry not attacking his family.
Spin it any way you like but there is Absolutely No Reason to even mention a mans family. It has nothing to to with the subject matter pertaining to this thread.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #660
Gerards
Quote:
Now there are a couple good posts right there. I still think, based on what I've seen so far, that Stu wants Jerry to be left alone (at least partly) to make sure his check for mid-April is still good. A confession obtained under duress or coercion doesn't stick.

I guess we'll see in 11 days or so.
Asking people to stop talking crap so his check clears makes no sense now. If that were a possibility Jerry would have told him to go to hell along time ago. He should have been worried about that at the beginning. That's why I do not think this thread had anything to do with Stu getting his refund. If your going to get burned either way, refund or not, a bad guy would have just not refunded. It seems it would have ended the same way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!