The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 - Page 28 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-29-2019, 05:20 PM   #271
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Quite frankly, closing down the Board of Inquiry AND start charging for members to utilize the classifieds is about the best way I can think of to scuttle this entire site. IMHO.

Rich,
You maybe right, it may sink the ship, look at KS, there's very few advertisers in the classifieds these days.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm here until the end, either of the website, or me. I'm willing to bet Fauna will be around for a very long time.

JMHO

Old 10-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #272
WebSlave
And today I get yet another person contacting me about their being scammed and wanting to know what they can do about it. Just as I got one (or was it two?) yesterday and the day before. And the day before... Sometimes they want to know what I am going to do about it. Short answer: sorry, but nothing at all.

Even if the "scam" took place on this site, my hands really are tied. No matter how convincing your statements, it is basically all hearsay. If I were to ban someone (as many people want to have happen) what tangible and absolute proof do I have that what I am being told is the truth? Suppose the complainant was the real bad guy, and I acted solely on that "evidence"?

Used to be I would strongly recommend that they post their situation in the Board of Inquiry, but with it going away in about 4 months, why bother? Assuming they are even a paid member and can post there now. Most bonafide bad guys wouldn't be too concerned about such short term exposure, I would suspect.

So, please don't contact me about such issues. I do regret that such things happen to people, and do wish that the Board of Inquiry had been able to help, but that was the absolute best I had to offer anyone in the way of help in any form. And obviously that just was not enough for most people. So I sure as heck am not going to step up now and personally try to take up the slack. Pretty much equal portions of "can't" and "won't".

And please note that posting such claims about another person or business anywhere else on this site other than the Board of Inquiry now, and ANYWHERE AT ALL on this site after 02-02-2020, such comments will be deleted, and infractions incurred as a result. Accumulated infractions will get such people engaging in such activities banned. All things considered, I just decline to accept any potential liability, no matter how slight, from anyone's postings on this site any longer.

I am sorry I have to take this position, but under the circumstances, there is no other viable choice.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:28 PM   #273
Lucille
Quote:
I do regret that such things happen to people, and do wish that the Board of Inquiry had been able to help, but that was the absolute best I had to offer anyone in the way of help in any form. And obviously that just was not enough for most people.
It was enough for many people, who were saved from being scammed by reading the BOI. I think, for some of the others, apathy is part, as is not appreciating what one has until it is gone.

The story of mankind for many is not to step on the shoulders of giants and build upon a good thing although thankfully for us all some choose to do that, and not simply take easier paths due to inevitable daily difficulties of life although many do that as well, it is rather to not give any thought whatsoever to the next mile or the next day; and only the most palpable, immediate incentives or disincentives would result in action and only for that day. Thousands of years of law, religion, and teaching have tried to mold some form of responsibility into the third group, with no huge degree of success.

You have helped many people Rich, and we are grateful for your efforts.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:36 PM   #274
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You have helped many people Rich, and we are grateful for your efforts.

No truer words have ever been spoken!

Rich, your efforts have not gone unnoticed!

Old 10-12-2019, 12:50 AM   #275
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
No truer words have ever been spoken!

Rich, your efforts have not gone unnoticed!
Based on the number of threats of bodily injury, death, and lawsuits I have gotten over the years running the Board of Inquiry, yeah, THOSE are true words without a doubt.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:52 AM   #276
Insomniac101
Quote:
Based on the number of threats of bodily injury, death, and lawsuits I have gotten over the years running the Board of Inquiry, yeah, THOSE are true words without a doubt.
I would bet that there are far more people who would like to take you out to dinner, than those who want to main, kill, or sue you.

Old 10-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #277
DLenaRuth999s
You helped me way back when my first ever on-line snake purchase got pharmpt. Told me, over on CornSnake, to come on over here. Just for that alone, I’d buy you dinner!

Old 10-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #278
WebSlave
Please note that anyone posting BOI style posts or threads anywhere on this site outside of the Board of Inquiry will receive infractions and such posts or threads will be deleted. If you are not a Contributor level or above member able to post in the BOI, then sorry about that, but you cannot make such posts anywhere you please here. After 02-02-2020, such posts and threads will not be allowed ANYWHERE on this site any longer and will incur increasingly severe infractions and be deleted immediately upon discovery by staff. Sorry about this, but allowing such posts with the BOI being gone sort of defeats the reason for the Board of Inquiry being removed in the first place. I will not allow that to happen.

To anyone believing that this policy change is evidence of staff siding with one side or the other in such disputes, please read this thread in it's entirely to bring yourself up to speed concerning what is happening.

Emails to me about it will be ignored. If you don't have time to read this thread, then I certainly no intention of taking time out of my life to explain it to you.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:01 PM   #279
Lucille
Aww come on. You're not going to let us play with the foreign based parrot vendors a little first before turning them over to the mods for the coup de grace?

Old 10-14-2019, 10:09 PM   #280
The Magic maker
In actuality the BOI and this site as a whole was my guilty pleasure. Most breeders never wanted to admit that they were on here, however couldn't resist in indulging once in a while to get the "scoop" on the drama. Eventually this site will succumb to the lack of traffic and persistent maitenence costs. I just hope there are some type of archives for all that was the BOI. Best wishes to all of the staff and those who remain

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!