Debbie Mawson - VERY, VERY BAD - Using my UPS Account! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
Milwaukee Reptiles
Debbie Mawson - VERY, VERY BAD - Using my UPS Account!

Alright all... I know that there are threads on Debbie Mawson, but I didn't know that at the time. I had my female iguana for adoption, and I had some 10 calls, but debbie was the only one that could take her right away, so I went ahead with the deal. I used my business UPS Account to ship her next day air.

Now... I've recieved two UPS bills with two seperate shipments to Debbie Mawson of Sutherland, IA. It looks like she's hading out my UPS account number to have people send her animals. Both of these shipments were sent UPS Next Day Air using my shipping number (and therefore my billing number). I'm also still waiting for the $40 she said she would compensate me for shipping, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

I've talked to UPS and they are reversing all the charges, as well as getting police involved. I've also contacted police and they said it might be considered a 'identity theft' type issue (like using someone else's credit card number). I just wanted to warn everyone from sending her ANYTHING. The worst part is that when agreeing to the deal, she told me she had a FedEx Account number and she'd schedule a pickup... I thought it would be easier to just use my account. Makes me wonder who's account she was going to give me.

Sad part for me is that I really cared about that iguana, and who knows where she is now. Debbie sounded like she was alright when i talked to her on the phone, but I guess with some people you never can tell. She gave me no reason to be suspicious, so I didn't even think about looking here for or anything. I've also found out that uses about 3 different address and 2 different phone numbers, all in IA.

I can provide e-mails and scans of my bills should anyone really feel like disputing my evidence.