Debbie Mawson - VERY, VERY BAD - Using my UPS Account! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-23-2005, 04:16 PM   #21
SPJ
Quote:
Mawson.... Lawson.... What's the difference??.... NOTHING!!
Now what does that have to do with anything?

It doesn't sound like she is going to give her side of the story.
She is going to be in serious trouble. Issuing bad checks and using someone else's shipping account are serious charges when and if the police become involved. These aren't just warning infractions. They will arrest without question for this.

Hope everything works out for you guys.

No one should have to deal with crap like this.

Old 09-23-2005, 04:41 PM   #22
DragonCharm
Now here's a question-

Why is she whoring herself out for free iggys? What's the scam with them? Is she selling them? Is she "adopting" them out to other homes with an adoption fee? Or does she just really like iggys? There has to be a reason, she's not doing it because she is concerned about their welfare. I should post up a free desert iggy on KS and mail her the contents of my cat's litterbox (on Brian's account of course).

Old 09-23-2005, 04:47 PM   #23
shrap
Personally I would have her prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I would not allow UPS to handle it, I would do it myself.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #24
pch101
"Mawson.... Lawson.... What's the difference??.... NOTHING!! "

What is that about??? Also, I should mention that there is a tiny difference. One starts the letter M and the other starts with the letter L. But hey, they both rhyme if that helps.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:17 PM   #25
Jungle Gems
Below is about 7% of the e-mail exchange between Dan, myself and this woman. Unfortunately, these last two e-mails are the only ones we saved and they are in response to our decision not to deal with Debbie Mawson. Two days after these e-mails, we declined an overnighted DHL payment from her.

This is the first response...

"Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:50:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Debbie Mawson <debbiemawson@yahoo.com> Add To Address Book
Subject: Re: Transaction Terminated
To: danny@junglegemsexotics.com

Hi, Could you please give me a chance?I can have the other $30 to you by wednesday.I promise.Please get back to me.Thanks

danny@junglegemsexotics.com wrote:
Debbie,

This is Danny I spoke with you on the phone Sunday. We had
agreed that you would send out 20 dollars to us today August
29th 2005. You wrote my wife Jennifer saying that you sent
10. This is not what we agreed on and we will be sending you
the money back.

We have been taken advantage of in the past with scenarios
such as this one. Deposit being made, and payments being
pushed back and reduced for whatever reason and it only
turned out in the full payment never being made. Besides our
policy is that deposits are to be half of the purchase price
to put the animal on hold.

You had originally agreed to pay in full last week, then you
said you would send 20 this week as a deposit and now you
are only sending 10. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this
may cause but there are others who are willing to pay the
full amount.

Thank you for your time and interest,
I'm sure there will be other desert igs available eventually.

Regards,
Danny"

And the second...

"Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:09:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Debbie Mawson <debbiemawson@yahoo.com> Add To Address Book
Subject: Re: Transaction Terminated
To: danny@junglegemsexotics.com

Hi, I could put another $10 in the mail tomorrow if you like.
PLEASE
"

Ever-changing promises and deceit from Debbie Mawson.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS WOMAN AND DO NOT GIVE HER ANY PERSONAL OR BUSINESS INFORMATION!

Debbie,

In the future, keep your crazy to yourself.

Old 09-23-2005, 06:29 PM   #26
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCharm
Now here's a question-

I should post up a free desert iggy on KS and mail her the contents of my cat's litterbox (on Brian's account of course).

you are all too funny.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #27
LotsaPetsGarfHt
Come on now folks....

you gotta give her a little credit for being creative enough to come up with an original scam, no phoney MOs for her, she found a whole new way to rip people off.

Lower than a snakes belly but original as all hell!

Old 09-23-2005, 10:10 PM   #28
Milwaukee Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsaPetsGarfHt
you gotta give her a little credit for being creative enough to come up with an original scam, no phoney MOs for her, she found a whole new way to rip people off.

Lower than a snakes belly but original as all hell!
That's like saying that the accountants that figured out a new way to steal millions should get credit for being creative... or a murderer who found a way to kill people more efficiently and with less evidence... It's still just plain wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCharm
I should post up a free desert iggy on KS and mail her the contents of my cat's litterbox (on Brian's account of course).
Yeah how about no.... I'm sure she has a whole list of accounts to send it on.. you don't need to use mine, just ask her for another one!

She's called twice to talk but still no e-mails (which she's obviously getting since she calls me everytime I send one). I see the caller id and let it go to voicemail, and hear 'Call me', 'It's important', etc. Unless I'm recording the call for my own protection I will not talk to her on the phone. It just gives her another oppertunity to make up some lie and try to use it against me. Sorry Debbie but you can explain it to the UPS Collection department.

I'm still not sure if I want to file a full complaint. I probably don't have as clout at Mike (who she sent the bad check to... especially since that's mail fraud [read: felony] if she used USPS). It may be something I just want to wash my hands of and let UPS deal with her. What do you all think?

Old 09-23-2005, 11:21 PM   #29
pch101
"That's like saying that the accountants that figured out a new way to steal millions should get credit for being creative... or a murderer who found a way to kill people more efficiently and with less evidence... It's still just plain wrong..."

I do not think John was serious when he made his comment. I think it was just sarcasm.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:39 PM   #30
LotsaPetsGarfHt
It was a joke boy....

just a joke. Don't get your shorts in a bunch, its too uncomfortable! I'd have never thought of using someones elses account to send something, there must be some serious flaws with UPS system if its that easy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!