Debbie Mawson - VERY, VERY BAD - Using my UPS Account! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #41
Mike Greathouse
I wonder if UPS has the ability to flag a delivery address as fraudulent?

If they could set up their system to automatically flag any shipment to her address as suspect, and verify with the shipper that the shipment is genuine, it would save them a lot of money in refunds.

I would think that she is probably using other accounts fraudulently as well.

It's still amazing to me that she would have thought to do this and think that nobody would notice. I hope that UPS does the right thing and presses charges against her!

Debbie, I know you read these posts - how do you justify this type of behavior, to yourself? Iguanas are wonderful creatures with the wisdom of the ages in their eyes. They deserve better then you!

Old 09-29-2005, 04:48 PM   #42
Milwaukee Reptiles
I just noticed a sign at my local UPS today that's new this week that says "Starting October 1, a government-issued phot ID will be required for all shipments made at this facility". Hopefully they do the same at all the other locations as well. Now checking an ID and making sure the ID is a person authorized to ship on an account are two seperate issues, but at least it's progress in the right direction.

I wonder if I contacted the local UPS in sutherland (or nearby larger city) if they could have the truck driver just scan all shipments to her and cross-reference for fraud (by looking at origin city vs account holder city). Might be worth the call.

On a side note, I jsut left Debbie negative feedback and linked to this thread... lol. Maybe it will prevent someone from giver her a free lizard at my expense in the future.

Old 09-29-2005, 04:49 PM   #43
Milwaukee Reptiles
And apparently my typing/spelling is garbage today... hopefully you make out my gibberish. lol

Old 09-29-2005, 05:00 PM   #44
Milwaukee Reptiles
Wow... With my hard drive crash this weekend I didn't even notice that I missed a gmail e-mail from debbie last Friday.

As per my inclination of posting everything, here it is
-----------------------------------------------------
From: Debbie Mawson <debbiemawson @yahoo.com=""> Signed-By: yahoo.com | Mailed-By: yahoo.com
To: Brian Skibinski

Date: Sep 23, 2005 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: Iguana
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Trash this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
Hi, I am at the library right now.My computer does not work.I sent it out to be fixed.I did not use your account number.I talked to ups and they said since i did not have a account it was charged to last shipper that sent something to my home.I am not that type of person i would never do anything like that.I recieved a bill for the charges.It was a mistake.I really dont know why they did that.I would really like to talk to you on the phone.We are only limited 15 min.on this computer since they only have one.Let me know what you would like me to do about this.I will talk to ups again and tell them to make sure this does not happen again.I am very sorry.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite Parts:
</brianskibinski></debbiemawson>
Quote:
I talked to ups and they said since i did not have a account it was charged to last shipper that sent something to my home
Huh? I'm going to have to call UPS and verify that... but I can't beleive that a company would ever do that. I just bought someone from newegg sent ups, does that mean that I can order anythign I want at newegg's expense... no I didn't think so. I'll try to confirm with UPS when I call later.

Quote:
I would really like to talk to you on the phone
For the 40-millionth time, NO.

Quote:
I will talk to ups again and tell them to make sure this does not happen again.I am very sorry.
Yeah we'll all have a little chat with UPS. As for you being sorry... I doubt it. If you were that sorry you would have paid me the $40 for the first iguana, you would have sent mike his money, and you wouldn't be still getting animals shipped to you. I think you're just sorry that you ripped off someon as vocal as me.

Old 09-29-2005, 05:02 PM   #45
Jim O
Her eyes must be brown...

Old 09-30-2005, 10:23 AM   #46
Mike Greathouse
Brian,
What did UPS have to say about Debbie's version of the story?
It sounds like a fairy tale to me.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:28 AM   #47
Milwaukee Reptiles
We actually had someone coming to look at the house right after work, so I never got around to calling them yesterday. Hopefully I can tonight.

Old 09-30-2005, 12:58 PM   #48
montezuma
Wow, I must say that this has been one of the more entertaining and yet disturbing posts I have read in a while. Its sounds as if UPS needs to do something to tighten the security of accounts... like not supply them to the public on the labels!
I think if I were you Brian, I would hop on the UPS website and change your billing methods.

Old 10-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #49
DragonCharm
Ok, ok......I give up. I'll use my own UPS account to mail her poo in a box.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #50
ms_terese
Is there any update on this? I'm very curious how UPS is going to handle this situation, as everyone who uses their account has the number plastered right there on the shipping label. Makes for a very easy scam that I hope is rectified so swiftly it makes it not worth while for the potential scammers. (Except for Debbie, who apparently thinks this is a foolproof crime)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!