Inquiry on Rick Saathoff - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
SnakesUnlimited
Inquiry on Rick Saathoff

I was hoping to see if anyone had ever dealt with Rick. He had been interested in a pair of my Honduran milks but didn't come through when he said he would. After I wrote him explaining that I did not like being jerked around he responded with the classic "Hospital Line". I would hate to treat someone bad who was actually in the hospital (new baby) but I did call him and email him over a 12-15 hour period with no response before a show to find out what he was doing and passed up on a sale at the show because he had showed interest.

So in the end I am sitting on a pair of snakes that could have been sold already and the original buyer says he is still interested but he has thrown up a few red flags. So I am looking for feedback on him or your opinions.

Here is the last email from him minus his contact number. He is located in southern Illinois

hey jason.
well to make a long story short, my girlfriend was in the hospital giving birth to my second perfect little girl. i saw that you called once when she was in labor, the nurse heard the phone ring and told me to turn it off or go outside. which means i would have missed the birth of my baby. i really am sorry very sorry to have caused you any money loss. the day i was going to send it was the day her water broke. plus the last few days i have had the flu. it was just bad timing on my part. please let me no when you get back and i promise i will take the pair off your hands. i hope you can forgive me at least for my new babys sake. like i said i am so very sorry. rick saathoff

Sounds good but this is also the same format I have seen many scammers on here use. Thanks for your time

Thanks You
Jason Hood

Old 12-26-2005, 12:12 PM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
Probably on the level

Jason

Here's what I would do. Email him back, accept his apology, tell him that if payment arrives, they are his but you are going to repost them. Do not offer to hold them any longer without either a PayPal deposit (at least 20%) or a tracking # on a priority envelope through USPS containing payment.

It's great to be a nice guy but you can't let people take advantage of it.

Old 12-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #3
SnakesUnlimited
Thanks John

I am on vacation right now so I am not posting anything. So I think I will tell him to send payment and if it is there when I get home great if not then I will sell them. Thanks John

Jason

Old 12-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #4
tommyparks
Talking

Rick lives up the street from me. I have done a few trades with him. Sometimes he is a little hard to get a hold of but then again so am I and just about everyone else. He has always seemed to be a nice guy when dealing with him. I would give him another shot at the animals.
Good luck!!
Tom Stokes
Stoked Serpents

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!