Bad Guy FloridaHerps.com - BUYERS BEWARE!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
MichelleR
Thumbs down FloridaHerps.com - BUYERS BEWARE!!!

My boyfriend and I ordered a ball python from FloridaHerps.com and it arrived with ticks! We tried calling right away with no answer or response. It was advertised as captive bred but it was obviously NOT. We tried e-mailing but got nothing. Then after several attempts they responded rudely, and in ALL CAPS, telling us we were out of luck. We have since read many bad experiences but too late for us. They also tried to pose as another person on a different forum to badger us with threats. My boyfriend is very upset. BUYERS BEWARE!

Also, we learned that FloridaHerps.com uses drop-shippers for most of their animals. This means THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE ANIMALS THEY SELL!!! Do they mention this on their site, NO!

Michelle Rasmussen

Old 10-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleR View Post
My boyfriend and I ordered a ball python from FloridaHerps.com and it arrived with ticks! We tried calling right away with no answer or response. It was advertised as captive bred but it was obviously NOT. We tried e-mailing but got nothing. Then after several attempts they responded rudely, and in ALL CAPS, telling us we were out of luck. We have since read many bad experiences but too late for us. They also tried to pose as another person on a different forum to badger us with threats. My boyfriend is very upset. BUYERS BEWARE!

Also, we learned that FloridaHerps.com uses drop-shippers for most of their animals. This means THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE ANIMALS THEY SELL!!! Do they mention this on their site, NO!

Michelle Rasmussen
These guys are literally right around the corner ffrom me and i have never heard of them. Do you have any other info?

Please post your emails.

The administrative contact on the domain is William Thompson...again....never heard of him

Old 10-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
ShortStack
Can you post copies the of emails with the headers? And do you have any pictures of the snake? Also, have you informed them of this thread?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
garweft
They are the picture stealers from this thread.....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=floridaherps

Old 10-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #5
ShortStack
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post

Yeahhhhh, I remember them now.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
MichelleR
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post

Yes, they sure are, and notice the ALL CAPS and rude responses, just like we received.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #7
JennyBell
Huh?

#1. What forum was I banned from? Ridiculous!

#2. We husband Quan and I own property in Myakka City, FL and Sarasota. So if you are going to accuse me of being a reptile company I am only 3/4 of a mile from Silver City Serpentarium! Another fantastic reptile company I can personally vouch for. They too have african tortoises outside!

#3. What is your name? Your posts have a different last name then your profile. Strange.

#4. Where are all these CAPS? I don't see them used by anyone anywhere? Can anybody please show me where I can see posts from this company in all caps?

Don't attack me, you started this thread and here unlike the other places you posted you will need to provide proof. REAL name the order was placed on, emails with headers, paypal or credit card transaction info to show you really bought what you say you did, tracking number, etc.

You can deflect the facts or lack there of all you want, people on this forum are wayyyyyy too savy to fall for fake slanderous comments.

Jennifer Anne Bell

Old 10-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #8
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyBell View Post
Huh?

#1. What forum was I banned from? Ridiculous!

#2. We husband Quan and I own property in Myakka City, FL and Sarasota. So if you are going to accuse me of being a reptile company I am only 3/4 of a mile from Silver City Serpentarium! Another fantastic reptile company I can personally vouch for. They too have african tortoises outside!

#3. What is your name? Your posts have a different last name then your profile. Strange.

#4. Where are all these CAPS? I don't see them used by anyone anywhere? Can anybody please show me where I can see posts from this company in all caps?

Don't attack me, you started this thread and here unlike the other places you posted you will need to provide proof. REAL name the order was placed on, emails with headers, paypal or credit card transaction info to show you really bought what you say you did, tracking number, etc.

You can deflect the facts or lack there of all you want, people on this forum are wayyyyyy too savy to fall for fake slanderous comments.

Jennifer Anne Bell
#1 Where did she say you'd been banned from anywhere?

#3 What last name do you see?

Michelle, once again, please post all e-mails you have. We appreciate being warned of such business practices as the ones you're speaking of, but it really doesn't mean much without some kind of proof.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
#1 Where did she say you'd been banned from anywhere?

#3 What last name do you see?

Michelle, once again, please post all e-mails you have. We appreciate being warned of such business practices as the ones you're speaking of, but it really doesn't mean much without some kind of proof.
#1 ...Michelle said Jenny Bell was "busted" on another forum...didn't specifically say "banned".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleR View Post
...They post under the name "anonymously" but they have been busted on another forum.
#3 ...Michelle's profile says Michelle Radkey...but she signed her very first post as Michelle Rasmussen.

At the moment Michelle, all we see is she-said/she-said. If you come here making claims and someone disputes your claims, then you need to BACK THEM UP with the proof you say you have.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #10
Bobby Douglass
[quote=JudyC;1365733
#3 ...Michelle's profile says Michelle Radkey...but she signed her very first post as Michelle Rasmussen.
[/QUOTE]

So it does. I guess I can't read very well tonight.