Bad Guy DTS Herps-buyer beware!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
MikeCurtin
Mr. Gracia......YOU ROCK!!!!

Keep your heels dug in....Dan's had this coming to him for quite a while. Let's hope he does, in fact, reap what he has sown.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
JG1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Back in 2005, Dan seemed to claim that he had the FBI, CIA, DEA, DHS, USMC and Child Protective Services in his back pocket and all working some big case for him. Wouldn't think a visit from his hommies would shake him up any. Of course this was back when he was telling people he wasn't in the buisiness

you know there might actually be some truth to that, you never know. When I was going about my legal endeavor I filed a police report with my local P.D. Then I filed a police report in Boca Raton where his business is. Both of the time the officers were very helpful and understanding. the Boca Raton officer even tried to look up is business address and have an officer pay him a visit but was unable to come up with an address. Them I contacted local law enforcement in Deerfield where Dan's residence is. The deputy there was not only very reluctant to help but wouldn't even really hear what I had to say. I could tell over the phone he just wanted me to get off the phone and drop the matter. according to him there was nothing to do as this was purely a civil case. I found it interesting considering two other local law enfrocement departments including one within the state of Florida were so willing to do what they could. I even mentioned this to him but to no avail. I did take down his personnal information just in case I felt like looking into the matter further and possibly filing a complaint on him.

it just gave me this vibe like this guy knew Dan and was trying to protect his buddy. Unfortunately for Dan the FBI didn't seem to feel the same way or at least my case was not submited to one of his supposed buddies.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #13
MikeCurtin
You are on the ball!

Note to self: Never scam Juan I. Gracia, LOL!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #14
JG1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
Mr. Gracia......YOU ROCK!!!!

Keep your heels dug in....Dan's had this coming to him for quite a while. Let's hope he does, in fact, reap what he has sown.
well to tell you the truth I think the FBI considered the matter settled once Dan refunded my money. I never heard from them. And although Dan might think he took a heavy hit this time he really got off easy. I was contemplating a nice lawsuit against Dan which I backed off from due to my unwillingness to continue spending all this energy on the matter. Plus I figured once he refunded my money I would have much weaker claim. Although I did spend considerable amounts of time and money setting up and resetting up tanks and treating the animals that were sent to me and trying to resolve the issue. Had I not been exhausted from 4 months of straight work and so much more willing to back off in order to get some much needed rest Dan would have had a hell of a worse time when it came to me. Not only would he be dealing with me in court and in aTexas court at that and for a lot more money than just $1K. I would have contacted all the major newspapers, TV stations, and potential clients in the area including zoos and pet stores and made them aware of who this person and his company are about. Along with doing anything else I though might bring down his business like trying to have whatever permits for his business revoked.

and given my qualifications and amount of evidence there wouldn't have been a soul who wouldn't have believed me and taken me seriously

You might get away with shady business practices and screwing people for a long time without any real repercussions, bu some people you just don't mess with and all it takes is for you to cross one of those people and you could find yourself in situation that's way over your head. Fortunately for Dan, due to the state of things at the time, he relatively only received a slap on the wrist. at least in my perspective

Old 03-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #15
JG1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
You are on the ball!

Note to self: Never scam Juan I. Gracia, LOL!

I don't mean to sound threatening or intimidating. I'm actually a very nice, calm, respectful and patient person who is very conscious that sometimes problems arise as an inherent nature of our hobby and subsequent business but at the same time I am also not doormat.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #16
MikeCurtin
And I have no intentions of scamming anyone. it's just nice to see that you won't take that kind of treatment.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #17
SPJ
I think this is the first time Dan hasn't come on slamming the buyer saying it was all their fault.
I'd like to see why in the world he is partnered with Justyn (although birds of a feather comes to mind).

Old 03-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #18
spawn
Juan - if what you say is true, I feel like kissing your feet. There is no excuse for what he has done.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #19
Dan Scolaro
This guys story is misleading and not accurate.

He received snakes plus his refund and is misleading.

The buyer contacted for purchase of 4 snakes and asked me to have the supplier send the snakes directly to him to avoid an additional shipment of his desired animals. I agreed to his request despite that was a mistake on my part partially influenced by the fact that he resided near the supplier so wanted to accommodate the customers requests.

He received the snakes and reported that one was almost dead and 2 had a fungus and one was fine. I informed him that was quite unacceptable and that he would receive 4 new specimens or his refund but asked him to send the other 3 specimens back.

The buyer REFUSED to send them back making claims his roommate who received them worked too often. He held onto them against many attempts for me to get him to ship them back. Again, I asked the customer over and over to send the other animals back and he refused.

Months later when I was informed more were arriving, the buyer also contacted and I told him I would be sending 4 fresh new animals within a couple of weeks and if the shipment did not arrive, he would get a full refund.

A few days before the snakes were to arrive, I posted an advertisement and the buyer thought I was scamming him and he made a filed a FBI report which was FRAUD on the buyers part. It was fraud because his report claimed non-receipt of good which is not true.

And not only that, he kept onto the other snakes and refused to send back the ones that needed treatment.

Regardless, I refunded the buyers money and do not know why he is making any bogus complaint here. As far as I know, he got away with 3 snakes and his refund and I sent him an additional 50 dollars for his troubles.

I admit it was a big mistake to trust the supplier, but the buyer received 3 snakes and a total refund plus 50 I think for his troubles.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #20
Dan Scolaro
What grounds does this buyer have to file a complaint?

He got away with free snakes and a full refund and an additional 50 dollars and filed a bogus report with the FBI.

Who is this scammer anyway?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!