Bad Guy FloridaHerps.com - BUYERS BEWARE!!! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #71
akonitony
This one's kind of a tough call. One one hand, you have what sounds like legit complaints. On the other hand, you have someone who REAAALLLLY likes Fl Herps defending them to the point where one wants to shout, "Yeah, Florida Herps rules!" Then on the other-other hand, you have what seems like a reasonable response by Dr. Bill.
But then there is that smell of fish and rats that permeates the nostrils to the point of needing a netty pot.
I think I'm going to have to go with The Facilitator on this one. Just my $0.02, and I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #72
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyBell View Post
You darn right. I've been going there for years, they have always treated us great, and we just got done buying a tortoise from them and everything was great with that order too. I posted (unlike the OP) proof of my transaction with these guys. I thought that was the entire point of this forum? Should I have said nothing? Was I wrong for posting I was customer and say my experiences are nothing remotely close to the OP? Really? Why am I getting the 3rd degree for sticking up for a company and people I know to be pleasant and professional? I thought that was called customer loyality? Guess not.

Its not me defending floridaherps its me defending myself for posting my real experiences with my fellow herp lovers only to have this entire thread twisted. I was just offering my $.02 only to have the OP right off the bat deflect the facts and you all fell for her tactics hook line and sinker. The more I read on here the more I see this is the norm. Think whatever you want of me, just dont let the facts or lack there of cloud your logic. This is a bogus thread that does not serve the herp community. It will only make people feel more fear from buying from good companies. I just dont see how that helps reptile people like me. They will see this thread BUYERS BEWARE (Am I the only one that thinks its ironic the only all CAPS we've seen is in the title?) and more then likely never take the time to read such a long clusterumph of BS. I mean really guys... you're smarter then this. Stick to the facts of the thread. Everything posted by these two people is highly suspect to put it nicely so you can either believe the OP that posted nothing. You can believe Firechick with her lack of emails and flat out contridictions to her own story, or you can believe the person that came here and posted proof they are a customer. Remember folks my transaction is even mentioned on their facebook page dated long before this thread. Hmmm. I'm sorry, but I will need to get back to my life now. I feel like this was such a waste of my time when I was just trying to stop an injustice.

Jen

There is no reason to get snippy. You don't have a track record here. You are not a known quantity so it is only reasonable that people would question all sides to identity.
In the end the truth comes forward.

I think it will here as well. In one of your first posts about another company on this forum you posted

Backwater Reptiles
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=271220

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyBell View Post
Hi Tom,

They are based in CA, but use drop shippers for everything but the couple things they breed themselves. Without mentioning other companies, I would ask them if they have those in stock or is going to have them shipped from a well known supplier in Texas. I'd bet your caimen will ship from Texas and Sam (I think is his name) is just marking up the price and having a real company ship for him. I would ask for photos as well, my guess is he will refuse. I wouldn't trust any company that doesn't bother having a phone number. Notice they don't mention their address either. Best of luck!

Jenny Bell
Well, here is your answer
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #73
Snake-Queen
Let me get this straight ... MichelleR is Backwater Reptiles? and made up a post about Florida Herps?

I am confused.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #74
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Let me get this straight ... MichelleR is Backwater Reptiles? and made up a post about Florida Herps?

I am confused.
Jen has made a few other posts (4 posts) since joining. She participated in about four threads. A couple of posts promoting Florida Herps in unrelated threads and a couple of posts criticizing a couple of drop shippers. One of those were blackwater. It seems they didn't appreciated it so they started this thread on Florida Herps which was who Jen was promoting over drop shippers.

It seems like a retaliatory thread.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #75
justindh1
and the plot thickens.... Seems like there's multiple individuals to stay away from in this thread.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #76
DemmBalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindh1 View Post
and the plot thickens.... Seems like there's multiple individuals to stay away from in this thread.
^^^ This is what I'm walking away with too. Thank you BOI.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #77
Chris Kennard
huh whu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post

There is no reason to get snippy. You don't have a track record here. You are not a known quantity so it is only reasonable that people would question all sides to identity.
In the end the truth comes forward.

I think it will here as well. In one of your first posts about another company on this forum you posted

Backwater Reptiles
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=271220

Well, here is your answer
From someone with as much experience here as you, I was shocked to see such a shallow and misguided statement as "you don't have a track record here". What example does that set for newbies coming here with good intentions. Not a "known quantity"? This isn't Kingsnake.com. That "elitist", "core" type of self enrichment is nothing but detrimental to the progress this sight is meant to accomplish. Know your role, which is no more important than any peers you have here, new or not. I am not defending anyone here. But your posts are being viewed by potentially new and good contributors to this site who may not regard their posts as very important after reading your post. Not a good message.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #78
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
From someone with as much experience here as you, I was shocked to see such a shallow and misguided statement as "you don't have a track record here". What example does that set for newbies coming here with good intentions. Not a "known quantity"? This isn't Kingsnake.com. That "elitist", "core" type of self enrichment is nothing but detrimental to the progress this sight is meant to accomplish. Know your role, which is no more important than any peers you have here, new or not. I am not defending anyone here. But your posts are being viewed by potentially new and good contributors to this site who may not regard their posts as very important after reading your post. Not a good message.
Simply put. People were questioning who she was because of her posts on this thread and a couple of others. She also put forth the question if the OP was really who they were based on their posts. It was good enough to question the OP but not her? Both being new? I see, it works only one way.

She was asked simple questions about her identify and relationship to the company in question. There was no need to take offense. Particularly because she was doing the same thing to the thread starter. It just so happens she was right. Good thing we looked into the person without a history here that started this thread.

Again, the questions were reasonable based on her posts here and previous. There was no need for the attitude.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #79
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Simply put. People were questioning who she was because of her posts on this thread and a couple of others. She also put forth the question if the OP was really who they were based on their posts. It was good enough to question the OP but not her? Both being new? I see, it works only one way.

She was asked simple questions about her identify and relationship to the company in question. There was no need to take offense. Particularly because she was doing the same thing to the thread starter. It just so happens she was right. Good thing we looked into the person without a history here that started this thread.

Again, the questions were reasonable based on her posts here and previous. There was no need for the attitude.

And it was a question of being "new" only because her identity was questioned not simply for the sake of being "new".

Old 10-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #80
Chris Kennard
huh whu...

I was not making a statement based on this thread, or who is right or wrong. You are making my response to you a personal one and obviously didn't get my point and probably won't any time soon. The post wasn't about you, and certainly didn't benefit you, as much as that is what most here strive for. My post was directed toward an awareness of the fact that alot of potentially good people who may have positive energy to contribute here may be swayed to do otherwise after viewing such arrogant statements such as the ones you made, which I cited. And quite frankly, I was suprised. In a way, that was a compliment.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!