Bad Guy Terrance Yant - SCAMMER, of the dumber variety - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #41
JayBoa1372
It is not a problem at all my friend. I do not feel that people deserve to get scammed and if there's something I could ever do to prevent it, I most certainly will. I spoke with my mother this morning and she is going to spread the word to her friends in the Poughkeepsie PD to keep an eye out for him.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #42
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
WOW!! What a ?????? All I can say without getting in trouble. lol Glad you brought this up I vend at most of the N.Y shows so Ill keep my eyes open for him. Thanks!!

Old 11-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #43
KBenker
For what it's worth, I just did a trade with Jason Teeg. I was a little leery after seeing this thread, but I tend to see the good in people and decided to take a chance. I sent my super giant/giant leopard geckos out and the snake shipped the same day. Only change in the whole deal is that Jason sent me 2 additional snakes. I was expecting to receive a male blue-eyed lucy (wanted a pretty snake for our public education program), but in the same box were also a yellow belly het ghost female and an unsexed pinstripe. All 3 were clean and healthy, 2 out of 3 already took their first meal since arriving.
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2014, 08:58 PM   #44
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBenker View Post
For what it's worth, I just did a trade with Jason Teeg. I was a little leery after seeing this thread, but I tend to see the good in people and decided to take a chance. I sent my super giant/giant leopard geckos out and the snake shipped the same day. Only change in the whole deal is that Jason sent me 2 additional snakes. I was expecting to receive a male blue-eyed lucy (wanted a pretty snake for our public education program), but in the same box were also a yellow belly het ghost female and an unsexed pinstripe. All 3 were clean and healthy, 2 out of 3 already took their first meal since arriving.
Karin, I'm sorry but this has to be one of the most irresponsible posts I've seen in a long time. You managed to read through almost 5 pages of some pretty well documented history on this person as a scammer and you were only "a little leery", really? Seeing the good in people, or seeing what you thought was too good of a deal to pass up? His name is Terrance Yant, not Jason Teeg. Why don't you share with us the address you shipped your geckos to, or the phone number you used to communicate with him. If you don't want to post it, please PM me directly. That would be great to know how "Jason" appeared out of thin air. Please explain why Terrance would magically ship you two extra snakes unexpectedly? Any hope on his part that you would come here and leave a post for his alias like you did?

Old 11-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #45
Robert Walker
So to give readers a little behind the scenes background on this. Karin, approached me about a week ago privately about Jason Teeg being Terrance Yant.

Here is part of the PM conversation:

Me to her:
"Hi Karin, One more question, what leads you to believe this is Terrance Yant? What connection do you see? Thanks, Robert"

Her to Me:
"Here's the phone number he gave me: 845-505-1097. When he told me he was getting out of ball pythons and only continuing with leos, I did a search for his name/leopard geckos and ended up finding this web-site: http://www.jtyreptiles.com/ Then ended up finding a the same web-site in the BOI thread.I'm not into large snakes myself, keep some hognose. Just seemed odd that someone would want to trade a blue-eyed Lucy for some giant/super giant leos. I was only interested since we do a lot of public education events, would have been nice to have a "pretty" snake to capture people's interest."

Me to Her:
"Great job Karin! I did run his IP through and saw that it matched another banned account already. It is him again. Good job doing your homework!"

So that said, Karin found "Jason" matched Terrance Yant, BOI matched her findings and I confirmed it independent of her to make sure. So knowing that, you can imagine my total amazement to see her now posting that she STILL did the trade with him, really?? Earlier in the thread I talked about an "intended victim" that Terrance was trying to scam, that person was actually Karin. The same person that I wrongfully gave credit to for being smart in doing her homework.

Their original deal is posted in the thread in the screen shot of the email. Karin would ship to Terrance first, then after he got them, he would ship to her.

Terrance was banned again from Fauna under his fake alias. I updated this thread to warn others. I saw Karin view my updates on this thread, and even with all that she still did the trade. What compels people to throw away all logic and still do a trade??

Their trade deal obviously changed because she said that they shipped the same day versus his prior attempt to get her to ship first. He knew I updated this thread because I have been watching him view it. So to try and keep his alias alive even longer he sends even more snakes than he was supposed to. All in an effort to send an already gullible person racing off to this thread to sing his praises still calling him Jason. Better for him to lose once in this deal in order to strike a different day when the heat begins to simmer down.

Again, absolutely dumbfounded that Karin could throw all logic out the window because she was blinded by her getting the better deal, amazing!

Old 11-15-2014, 01:00 AM   #46
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
What compels people to throw away all logic and still do a trade??
At best, an admixture of simple greed and an utter disinterest in taking a stand against those who've been shown to be of highly questionable character. At worst, a conscious choice to knowingly help a scammer build credibility, making it easier to scam the next sucker.

Whether it be greed, idiocy or duplicity, we certainly seem to be seeing a lot of it lately. Is it really that odd, that some of us truly believe in taking the bigger picture into consideration? Is integrity - despite being of absolutely no tangible benefit to ourselves - really such a rare, archaic concept? I look around at some of the people who consciously choose to support the moral dregs of the hobby, and I really can't do much more than shake my head in bewilderment. Being a relatively bright guy; I still just don't get it.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:07 AM   #47
lillyorchid
Wow, who just sends off free snakes like that!? Sounds fishy over all. That throws up a red flag to me.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:29 AM   #48
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
For what it's worth,
Here is what it is worth.

Terrance joined this site and posted ads with pictures of animals that weren't his. He took them from other sites and other ads.

He rejoined under a alias and gave himself a bogus good guy thread for that false name. He lied to everyone reading this forum pretending to sell himself animals.

He cheated a member of this site by not sending the correct snake he advertised.

After being banned from this site he keeps rejoining under different names. Promoting himself under those names, Lying to his customers about who he is and violating the terms of this site.

Then he has the nerve to to state that the only reason why he was banned is because he is black.

You knowing all this ahead of time still made the decision to do business with him for whatever reason.

Thanks for supporting someone you know has ripped people off on this site and lied to the users here. Thanks for being a great community member.

As long as you get what you want, I guess it is all good.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:37 AM   #49
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I just did a trade with Jason Teeg.
And you know the website, phone number and email address belongs to Terrance, yet you still come on here and support his alias?

Thanks.
Quote:

"Here's the phone number he gave me: 845-505-1097. When he told me he was getting out of ball pythons and only continuing with leos, I did a search for his name/leopard geckos and ended up finding this web-site: http://www.jtyreptiles.com/
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #50
Robert Walker
What is even more disgusting about this story is given Terrance's scamming, there is a high likelihood that either the babies Karin got or the founding parents Terrance has are the result of him scamming someone else.

If only I had more negative karma I could pass out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!