Nutro dog food problems...anyone else hear this?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #11
Lucille
Cathy:

I admire that you looked into this and got an email back. I know it is a holiday weekend, but I think it would be an act of tremendous kindness to return the bag of food today and tell the store personnel why you are returning it.
They may, based on the info you present, remove that particular lot of food from the shelves until Nutro investigates, and certainly that would be a good turn for your fellow dog owners in case there is a problem with other bags in the lot.
The deaths may not be due to manufacturing, again, in the account both dogs shared house space at times, but it is a good thing to be proactive.

If you could get in touch with this person, ask her to contact Texas A&M and see if, given the widespread use of this food, whether they will do a free analysis for her. Their vet school is one of the best in the country, and the school in general has been helpful to me personally when I have contacted them with agricultural questions.