Does each boa need its own cage? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
elas.g13
Question Does each boa need its own cage?

Do all boas need their own enclosure?

Old 11-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
JCCS
Yes, yes they do

Old 11-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
elas.g13
Thanks. Ive had 1 for about 2 months but i just never knew if you could have more than 1 in the same cage. Im hoping to get a lipstick or hypo jungle to breed in the future with my motley het salmon.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
JCCS
A boa can't be "het salmon", you may want to contact who you got that from and find out what's up. Also, it seems to me that you don't have a base knowledge of boas. I think you need to spend a long time really figuring out what you're doing before you even consider breeding. I'm not trying to be mean, but if you don't know what you're talking about, you can't pass on information in a meaningful way.

Chris

Old 11-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
Metachrosis
Ditto x2
Scary how people take on responsibility
Of a living creature,COMPLETLY CLUELESS!!

Old 11-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #6
elas.g13
Ok not nice guys. I know much about them because i have probably spent more time going through page after page of info on the web, talking to tons of local breeders, and going to many shows. I spend a lot of time on my animals and breed them for the experience of the miracle of life not for money so please dont insult.

By the way..i meant she has salmon in her and did not mean it in that way. I should reword it next time. sorry.

I have bred many things from fish, to bearded dragons, to birds, to rodents, and more. I do it for the experience. Always have and always will love the way life can be created.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by elas.g13 View Post
By the way..i meant she has salmon in her and did not mean it in that way.
If your motley has salmon (hypo) in her, she would be a hypo motley.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
elas.g13
Thank you hhmoore. Thats all they had to say instead of being rude and assuming i dont know anything. Everyone may know a lot...but you can always learn new things.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #9
JCCS
Elias, I don't believe I was rude. You came to this forum asking elementary questions. This in and of itself is fine, everyone needs to learn and I am more than willing to help people with the simplest of questions. My issue came when, in the same breath as all the newb questions, you talk about your breeding plans. If you don't know how to properly care for the animals, which by your questions, I can safely assume you don't, you don't need to be trying to reproduce them.

I kept boas for 6 yrs before I bred them. All I was saying is take your time, figure out what you're doing with the animals and be able to answer these questions from experience of your own. You can take it how you want, and no, I wasn't coddling you. I just think you need a little objectivity here.

Chris

Old 11-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #10
elas.g13
Thank you for clarifying. It was just the way you worded it...it could really be taken as rude but i do understand where your coming from because there are many people who do it just to hop on the money train when they dont know what they are doing and kill a lot of animals that way. I just ask these questions because ive been around many breeders but they were always things at the tip of my tongue i never asked. I would rather ask than be dumb and learn the hard way and have a snake die. And dont take this as being mean but i did say "to breed in the future". My snake is 2ft which is merely a baby. I have no intentions on breeding any time soon but thanks for the concern.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!