Allen from Reptile Kingdom, in New Jersey, Beware - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:11 AM   #81
cyberfrog
Like I said, you'll get paid. I never said I agreed with the practices, I never said I believed whatever reasons/excuses were given. I simply said you would get paid an Al is a good guy, which he is if anyone has the chance to speak with him. Other than that I was trying to help you out with the Paypal info, I stated that if you change the deal, you should incurr any costs. Also I stated I would personally never deal with you again if you handled yourself in such a way with me. I will add that I understand that you would be ticked off by a delay in payment, but it looks like it will be about a 2 week delay. I personally wouldn't sweat a 2 week delay.

I suppose my problem with this thread is in a nutshell my problem with alot of threads on this BOI which end up as flame-fests. No one reads a good guy thread, as those are 2 or 3 pages long max but a bad guy thread will run hundreds. It just kind of makes the whole process a joke. I'd be willing to bet the way these threads came up there are at least a few people would judge you in the wrong just by your tone. I don't know Allen personally enough to know if he was really sick, or if his Dad is really ill, or any of it, but what if he was and some raving madman was blowing up his phone, emails, and the internet after a delay which most won't judge to be that big. I think we should all be more professional in how we handle ourselves here and maybe this BOI will get some respect back that it has lost because of it's users.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #82
cyberfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
Adam, Since Al is apparently a friend of yours, or at least a well respected acquaintance, let me propose a simple solution to all this:

Why don't you pay Chris the $1500 that Al owes him, and then you can collect from Al?

Shouldn't be a problem if you're that sure Al is good for it.
The funny thing is that if I had the funds I could probably collect with no issues after Hamburg this Saturday. Which is also when I will bet the money will go through. IT's also amusing that I state he is a guy who works the same shows that I do that I talk to on a regular basis that I that I think is a nice guy and have never heard anyone say that had a problem with him paying to a friend or well respected acquaintance. Did you read the thread? I bet you didn't read the first one, because it was deleted.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:33 AM   #83
memnoch1970
the whole reason this was brought to this forum was he simply could not return a phone call or email. period. all he had to do was say man im a little strapped for cash right now, can you give me a little more time. thats all im reasonable. but instead he played duck and dodge, now its personal and i want my money now, not after the show now. he wants to be a little punk and not make a simple call or email fine . but i will not be deterred in anyway shape or form i will get him or my money which ever comes first.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:35 AM   #84
memnoch1970
of course all will be done legally

Old 03-25-2008, 12:51 AM   #85
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfrog
The funny thing is that if I had the funds I could probably collect with no issues after Hamburg this Saturday. Which is also when I will bet the money will go through. IT's also amusing that I state he is a guy who works the same shows that I do that I talk to on a regular basis that I that I think is a nice guy and have never heard anyone say that had a problem with him paying to a friend or well respected acquaintance. Did you read the thread? I bet you didn't read the first one, because it was deleted.
So are you implying that Al doesn't have the money currently? and won't until he sells Chris's dragons at the Hamburg show? That hardly sounds like a stand up guy to me since the check was supposed to be in the mail what? 10 days ago?

And yes, I have read this thread, and the one that was deleted, and the one that replaced it. Thanks for asking.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #86
MikeCurtin
If someone owed me $1500 and IGNORED me for a week or two, I can assure you it would be a big deal. Dismissing it with the quit whining, you'll get paid eventually attitude is insulting. Allen apparently has the "you'll get paid when I'm good and ready...maybe" attitude and for you, Adam, to defend his character and blow this off like it's not a big deal, speaks volumes.

You mentioned that "Al is a good guy, which he is if anyone has the chance to speak with him.", but I have this thing about ignoring what people say, and instead, watching their actions. Allen's actions suck! I don't care if people have gotten paid. I do care about the hoops he has made them jump through in order to do so. Glad I steered clear of this oxygen thief!

Old 03-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #87
spawn
A. Against paypal TOS to charge the buyer.
B. If he wanted it that way, he should deal with it.
C.If you want to be that much of a pain in the ass to a guy who took 41 dragons off your hands at a price you evidently liked, good luck finding that again. I certainly wouldn't deal with you.

I'm astounded by your optimism, or maybe your ignorance. I don't know which it is, but the way you conveyed this "policy", it's almost as if Paypal employees: 1) have any involvement in the transactions; 2) care.

It's all automated, and Paypal will be damned if they're going to get involved with disputes. Even their dispute system (it's a joke) is organized by automated programming, hiding the actual contact emails of anyone who could actually facilitate a problem (let's say for a second someone checked a sum of money exchanged between two parties, and somewhere in the notes/details of the transaction the words "include 3% extra for the fee Paypal will charge me with" -- the only way someone at the company would even come close to figuring out a breach of the "policy" appear) so well, you become more frustrated with Paypal's lack of involvement in the situation that you forget about the original problem.

My point is, it looks like you're looking for some reason for Chris to get screwed more over than he already has. Sure he handled it a bit irrationally posting over multiple threads, but since when are you the decider of whose money belongs where? I merely suggested he ask for it on Paypal. Deciding to do it on Paypal [with its possible fees -- bear in mind I don't actually know, nor have I claimed to know the status of Chris' actual Paypal account type] can have its repercussions on Allen for waiting so long to pay, and frankly, this sounds like something he does often. Promises money for things he doesn't have the money for...yet.

EVEN IF he did have pneumonia; his father was near-death; and the check was rebounded in the mail -- none are excuses for not paying/not having the proper address, and not answering. If he wasn't 'up to it' to answer the phone because he was sick (as per the email Chris cited a couple pages ago), he had a wife to answer, which apparently Chris has talked to. Dodging emails and phone calls when you've got a $1500 debt is short of classy or responsible.

Allen's alleged problems (assuming for one moment that any of the various forms of an excuse were true, which I don't believe for a moment they are) are HIS problems. Chris does not need to lend a patron saint hand out and say, "hey, I'll take the money whenever you have it." He COULD, but he's certainly not at all obligated. He held up his end of the deal, and Allen did not.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:39 AM   #88
memnoch1970
you know there are a couple of things i could of done with more taste i guess. but the bottom line is he ignored me until he saw this thread. then said he would send another check. when i told him to do pay pal instead, he went mia again. i must have foiled his plans to use another bogus check to stall for more time. man up allen, pay up allen. more and more people are seeing how you do buisness.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:42 AM   #89
cyberfrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo
If someone owed me $1500 and IGNORED me for a week or two, I can assure you it would be a big deal. Dismissing it with the quit whining, you'll get paid eventually attitude is insulting. Allen apparently has the "you'll get paid when I'm good and ready...maybe" attitude and for you, Adam, to defend his character and blow this off like it's not a big deal, speaks volumes.

You mentioned that "Al is a good guy, which he is if anyone has the chance to speak with him.", but I have this thing about ignoring what people say, and instead, watching their actions. Allen's actions suck! I don't care if people have gotten paid. I do care about the hoops he has made them jump through in order to do so. Glad I steered clear of this oxygen thief!
I will have to say again that you hear what you want to hear and nothing will ever change it. Yet another person puts words in my mouth and makes this ever the more rediculous. Show me when and where I defended his actions? Please.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #90
MikeCurtin
This is starting to get off topic (partially my fault), but I have never claimed you defended his actions. You defended his character and seemed to shrug of the fact that he has made several people wait an unreasonable amount of time for payment.

I would be less likely to take issue with you if you had acknowledged wrongdoing on his part regarding slow payment(even if you said..'I don't know what's going on, but this isn't like him'). And not to nit pick, but please provide the quote where I put words in your mouth, as I can't seem to find it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!