Any chevy guys here? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
boanation
Any chevy guys here?

That is all.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
garweft

Old 12-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
WebSlave
Bring it on......

Old 12-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
hhmoore
My Chevy won't beat it in a race...but it will drive right over it.

If you guys are going to run'em, though, I'm there (on my bike, of course).

Old 12-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
boanation
Details:
-5 lug swap from a 95 gt
-MM sub frame connectors (full length)
-Tokico shocks and struts
-Steeda springs
-Hotchkis Caster Camber Plates
-Edelbrock Vic. Jr. Heads (port work by Bennettracing.com)
-Lunati 1.6 roller rockers
-Holley Systemax upper and lower intake
-Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger @ 8lbs
-Anderson Power Pipe
-Mac Long tube headers
-Mac Off-Road H Pipe
-Mac Pro Dumps
-MGW shifter
-Edelbrock 70mm Throttle Body and Spacer
-Taylor battery relocation kit
-Ford Racing Traction Lock
-Ford Racing 3.73 Gear Set
-42lb Ford Racing Injectors
-Pro M 80mm Maf
-Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
-Aeromotive Fuel Rails
-Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Borg Warner "t-5z"

I am sure theres more but can't think right now.

In the works is a 363 (dart block) stroker.
Getting rid of the steeda springs and getting drag suspension set up with coilovers.
K member when i do motor swap.
Lentech AOD
Weld Pro Star wheels with MT drag radials

Pretty much setting up for drag racing after I get the shortblock.

PS I LOVE to play with corvettes ESPECIALLY ZO6's

Old 12-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
hhmoore
Quote:
PS I LOVE to play with corvettes ESPECIALLY ZO6's
hmmmmm...
Isn't that the one you did the engine swap on, Rich?

Old 12-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
hmmmmm...
Isn't that the one you did the engine swap on, Rich?
In progress right now......
  • Warhawk 427 short World Products WARHAWK
    aluminum LS7X block. 9.240" deck height, priority main oiling, billet main caps, 6
    bolt holes per cylinder, pt# 086220. Balanced, blueprinted & assembled
    shortblock. Parts: Callies Compstar 4340 4.0" stroke crankshaft, Callies 6.125" H-I rods w/ ARP 2000 7/16" bolts, Wiseco 4.125" forged turbo duty pistons w/tool steel wrist pins & anti friction coating on skirts, NPR stainless chrome top(for high heat applications)-napier 2nd-3mm oil rings, Clevite MS2199H mains, Clevite CB 663 H rods Dura Bond cam bearings.
  • WARHAWK LS7X 285cc intake runner complete heads for Hyd. roller, 6 bolt holes per cylinder.Parts: Manley 2.200 intake valves, stainless 1.625" exhaust valves, Manley Nex Tek dual valve springs good to .700" lift, Manley titanium
    retainers, Manley machined locks, Manley machined locators, Viton valve seal w/steel jacket.
  • Competition valve job, lap in valve job, blend in valve job to intake & exhaust ports & chambers, measure chamber volume, mill heads to desired chamber volume,measure & set valve guide to stem clearence, set up springs for specific camshaft.
  • Cam Motion Hyd. roller camshaft
  • Manley one piece chromoly push rods Roll master double roller timing set w/ torington bearing & nitrided gears. Rocker arms Jesel Pro-J2K Series shaft mounted adj. roller rockers 1.8 1.8 ratio 4 Bolt Kit Warhawk accessory kit: Rear cover & gasket, oil galley & water plugs, valley cover, ARP 6 bolt head studs Head gasket Fel Pro MLS head gaskets for Warhawk block Melling LS Melling 10295 high pressure, coated oil pump/ ported LS Vett Power Bond SFI Corvette 10%
    underdrive balancer w/ARP balancer bolt assemble complete longblock ( degree cam, check P to V, install heads, set up valve train)
  • LSXR™ 102mm FAST intake manifold
  • New water pump.
  • FIDANZA OR SPEC TWIN DISC CLUTCH (1300 HP CAPACITY)
  • NEW SLAVE CYLINDER
  • PFADT POLYEUROTHANE TRANS AXLE BRACE
  • DTE TRANS AND DIFF BRACE
  • PFADT C5 POLYEUROTHANE ENGINE MOUNTS
  • BUILT 342 DIFFERENTIAL 300M HARDENED OUTPUT SHAFT AND BEEFED UP CLUTCH PACK
  • REAR ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT COUPLER
  • AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM (1000 HP CAPACITY) INCLUDES BILLET FUEL RAILS AND STEEL BRAIDED FUEL LINES W/AIRCRAFT FITTINGS AND PRESSURE REGULATOR.
  • FUEL INJECTORS
  • STARTER (LIFETIME WARRANTY)
  • REMOVAL AND INSTALL
  • Custom tuning
  • Tunnel plate
  • Pfadt carbon fiber driveshaft
  • Hood liner (rodents chewed up my old one!)
  • Beefed up transmission
  • Magnetic oil drain plug (if one isn't there already)
  • MSD coil packs
  • Turbos rebuilt (had a leaking seal in one of them found during tear down)
  • Pfadt suspension bushings.

I think this engine will go very well with my STS twin turbos that are already on the car.....

Some of the stuff on this list is obviously just to keep remind myself and my wrencher about things that aren't really performance oriented, but are being done anyway. I figure that since the entire drivetrain is out of the car anyway, why not replace nearly everything?

Here's a video of the engine that will be going in...

And here's one of the drivetrain extraction....

I'm hoping to get the car back by mid January. Ran into a snag when a machining error was found on the heads that kept the intake manifold from bolting up. So the engine went back to LME and the heads then went to World Products to be replaced with new ones.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
boanation
Sounds nice, cant view videos on the ship. Might make a good race one day. I know I have my tiny motor going in and all BUT http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=70570

I am not sure if you are setting up for drag or curves?

Old 12-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by boanation View Post
Sounds nice, cant view videos on the ship. Might make a good race one day. I know I have my tiny motor going in and all BUT http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=70570

I am not sure if you are setting up for drag or curves?
Actually, neither. Just for bragging rights....

Seriously, when I die I can lay in my death bed thinking I had a twin turbo charged 427 Corvette. My tuner/wrencher believes the car will be putting down around 850 rwhp.....

Anyway, to explain, I sold off most of my gun collection last year and intended to use that money to buy a brand new Z06 right before I retired. Just couldn't find the car I wanted at the price I was willing to spend, so instead I just decided to have the drivetrain pulled out of my 2002 Z06 and replaced with something better. MUCH better!

I may take it to the strip sometime just to see what sort of quarter mile timeslip I get, but this is just a hobby/toy to play with. I've really got no interest in racing, and this is all in fun. Actually I believe that some Mustangs I have heard have absolutely the BEST sounding exhaust of any cars I have ever heard. Just luck of the draw that I have never owned one. So I'm not really into that Ford vs GM thing...

Old 12-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #10
boanation
I love all american muscle and sports cars. The GM Killer tag is and old thing between me and some of my friends back in the day who all owned transams and z28's. I am shooting for 700-750 to the wheels on pump gas and methanol injection. However being in the navy this isnt going to be an over night thing because of lack of money. I do want to finish the car within the next year and a half though. Maybe after next deployment? Ill check out those videos when I get home tomorrow. Obviously I like trunk cars better than hatches. Thats one thing I like about the z06. I wish they made a trunk version of the new ones.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!