Illegal plants - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora General Discussions

Notices

Flora General Discussions This will cover anything and everything you all wish to discuss about plants.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
Lucille
Illegal plants

I am studying about searches and seizures in class.
We are reading case after case after case, stories about people growing marijuana where it could clearly be seen by helicopter, etc.

I have never myself seen these kinds of plants growing but it is apparently common. There must either be a lot of stupid crooks or perhaps they are sampling too much of the produce because there is a lot of case law showing losing cases as they scramble unsuccessfully to claim illegal search after someone saw their 'garden' from navigable airspace. I mean, if you were going to do that kind of stuff wouldn't you make an effort to keep it a bit of a secret?
(Disclaimer: DON'T do that kind of stuff).

Perhaps they should straighten up and stick to petunias

Old 03-23-2006, 09:59 PM   #2
Cat_72
I have to laugh here.......we had a lot of that "stuff" growing wild out here when we moved in, and even more came up after we plowed up and seeded in the pastures. (FYI, we planted PASTURE grass!!) We sprayed, chopped, pulled, sprayed more.....the stuff chokes out the grasses and is really hard to kill. It got so bad, we were seriously a bit concerned about someone thinking we had a "cash crop" growing out here! Especially when the horses (who are too smart to eat it) would graze all around it, leaving just those sticking up!!

And yeah, we've finally gotten it under control after 3 years of killing the stuff.....

Old 03-24-2006, 12:20 AM   #3
ZenReptiles
By the abandonned train tracks by my parents house, there are weed plants sproutin up all over the place. Actually, on one of the busier streets in Buffalo by the colleges, I once walked by some plants growing openly in a flower pot on someone's front porch. I don't think many people care too much about that around here.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:15 AM   #4
Art Klass
I had a DEA liscense for narcotics when I trained dogs. I could grow up to a pound a year for training purposes. I sometimes had a plant in my training canter, mostly just because I could.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #5
GeckoTracks
even if you keep it secret you still will get busted lol

http://www.phishhook.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=550448

Old 03-24-2006, 01:31 PM   #6
ZenReptiles
They musta had some really jerky friend who ratted on them. I have to say though, that's a pretty cool cave...

Old 03-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #7
PaulSage
It grows along the bike path here in Madison. Although, since this is Madison, you'd be more likely to get a ticket for destroying wildlife than for possession if you picked it.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:19 PM   #8
KelliH
Interesting, all the people I have known that grew pot grew it indoors with all kinds of fancy lights, thermostats and fans. They call it hydroponic, or something like that ;-)

Old 09-14-2006, 10:58 PM   #9
sschind
What you need to do is dig a big hole in the ground, Something approximately the size and shape an Olympic sized swimming pool. Then you stretch a large translucent tarp over the entire pit and paint the upper surface to look like water. Just make sure no one accidentally rips it.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:30 PM   #10
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind
What you need to do is dig a big hole in the ground, Something approximately the size and shape an Olympic sized swimming pool. Then you stretch a large translucent tarp over the entire pit and paint the upper surface to look like water. Just make sure no one accidentally rips it.

Yaaaa....thats the ticket...it'al work for sure ,It worked in this movie i saw,so its gotta work ,yaaaa thats the ticket.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!