Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #11
barbie
I think maybe a good place to start would be to post the paperwork from the shipping co. that states they destroyed the package. its going to be a very important piece of information.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #12
reptilebaby
Pics should really be good enough. You shouldn't have to ship the dead animal back...Is he trying to make it so the reptile hobby loses a way to transport snakes and other reptiles??

Old 04-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #13
Baileykm
half the pictures are from day one the second are from the second day. I have a 100 megabyte video but I do not know how to upload videos that big yet. I still need to do some googling. Pictures 1, 4, and 8 are from the second day. I could not stay near it on the first day it was so bad. The second day it did not smell as bad and I was able to get close to it and actually hold it without vomiting. The first day everything was kosher between Andrew and I and I was not suspicious.

Now if you look at the tracking number that Andrew provided me in the one email you will see that the snake was only in transit for 20 hours before I signed for it and opened it up. Then I started to think it was funny for an animal to smell that bad after only a few hours. I have killed dear that have not started to smell until a day or 2 later. This snake was only in there for a few hours. Secondly the purple pools you see on the snakes skin that is pooled blood. that also does not happen until a little later in the decomposition cycle. Thirdly the body was limp and was not stiff like a "freshly" dead animal.

And if you want to confirm my enote you can use the tracking number I gave Andrew and call Fedex. They will tell you exactly what I said about the Tampa hub unable to deliver it and destroying the box completely.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #14
Baileykm
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie View Post
I think maybe a good place to start would be to post the paperwork from the shipping co. that states they destroyed the package. its going to be a very important piece of information.
Thats a good idea. I just called them and they sounded disgusted at me for doing it...

Old 04-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
laterob
It looks like it made it to Tampa, they noticed it was a bad zip code, and a couple hours later they destroyed the package. Since it says 'customer requested', what are the chances they called him to get his correct address, and he told them to destroy the package???? Every time I ship the receiver's phone number is on the slip.....
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc2.doc (261.5 KB, 302 views)

Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
Baileykm
I do not know. The lady I talked to said it most likely came from the driver. I plan on giving them a call tomorrow and getting the note attached to the "customer destruction" tab. I just talked to the FedEx lady close to a week and a half ago now at least. The lady was pretty vague on who the customer was be it a truck driver or Andrew. It sounded to me like it was the truck driver who pulled the plug.

Now if the note says any names it could possibly end any debate very quickly. The thing with the zip code is weird. I have used the address he gave me 4 times and twice the address was "wrong". The only time the address was correct was when I sent him my two checks which I gave him warning about. I have google mapped the address and it comes up blank but mail makes it there 50% of the time.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #17
Kyle Frost
Maybe a little off topic- what were the parents of the Hytec Parahet?

Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #18
Kyle Frost
Scratch that... Just remembering the Hytec het Sharp x Paradigm litter

Old 04-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #19
mattie92479
wow...why would he want you to ship a dead snake back???? a little fishy to me...why not take a pic or video and send it to him and be done with it....also good luck filing a claim with the shipping company...99.9999999 percent of the time they will not do anything in regards to "live" shipments.....I have been through this one many times...good luck...I hope you get your money back ....

Matthew Miller

Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #20
hhmoore
I'm sorry...I understand the position you were in, but shipping the snake back in that manner - given your description - was just looking for a problem. IF the snake absolutely had to be sent back, (IMO) you should have frozen it, and packed it in a manner that would ensure that it stayed frozen...some odor control may still have been in order, since it started out stinking, but it's a lot easier to manage when the thing isn't leaking fluids and decomposing in the box.

I don't know Andrew Potts any better than I know Kevin Bailey; but refusing to address this situation until the corpse is returned doesn't make a lot of sense. I can accept his wanting the snake returned...though most of the legitimate reasons for it would be nullified by the time he would have received the corpse (and freezing it, per my previous statement, would have been detrimental if necropsy, or other research, had been planned). Promptly sent pictures that clearly identified the snake and showed it as deceased should have been enough to start the process of taking care of the customer; if he still wanted the body, that is easy enough to arrange.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!