Albino Boa Stolen! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Exclamation Albino Boa Stolen!

I really need extra eyes right now, and I'm asking for your help.

On May 29th, 2008 I was to bring My big '99 F3 Albino (Aurora) female into the vet for blood work, due to her not really acting her usual self. She was eating, but with none of the gusto she has had for the past 9 years. So I load her into my green ARMY laundry bag, and take her in.

I stopped at the Circle K to grab some coffee, and as a last minute gesture, I rolled down her window for airflow, as it's been 100° out here already.

I drink black coffee, so I know I wasn't in there more than 2 minutes max. When I returned, I noticed the whole bag was missing from the vehicle. I'll leave out all the cussing that took place between me and the 911 operator and the police when they finally showed up. Suffice it to say, I wasn't in very good control of myself at the time.

Police report has been filed, animal control notified, all the vets in town have been given pictures, and asked to keep a look out, the Zoo also has been notified, and some of the pet shops in town that I think would actually call me if she came in. Other pet shops in this town, unfortunately, are not to be trusted, and would keep her, stolen or not, just as fast as she was brought in.

I don't really think they even know what they took. I don't see how anyone COULD know, as I didn't exactly announce my intentions. My biggest fear at the moment is that they opened the bag, saw a huge boa and dumped her on the road somewhere. I can only hope someone who is into reptiles got her, and will make an effort at keeping her, or try to sell her and I'll get word about it.

I am coming to the idea that she is gone, and I'm not likely to get her back. But in the off chance that the culprit is familiar with reptile classifieds, I have come here asking for people to keep an eye out. I am fairly certain I am the only person in this town with an Albino Boa, and for sure the only one in this town with a full grown adult female. So if one should pop up for sale in El Paso, I would ask that I get notified immediately, and I'll take it from there. If you have info, and it leads to my girls recovery, I'll give a $250 reward for the info.

Aurora is 8 ft plus a few inches, she weighs 25 lbs last weigh in, and she just had a litter, so she is still a little thin from that. She has a microchip, and a 13 inch scar that runs down the right side of her neck from surgery.

Her scar

Last picture I have of her

This is not just some brood female albino, she is my dearest pet. Even without the fondness I have for her, she is not a replaceable animal. She is one of the last Albino's with a very close relationship to the original WC albino male that started this whole mess. Her mom was one of Pete's original F1 Het albinos, and her dad was one of the first F2 albinos born in the US. She is not a replaceable animal by any means.

Like I said, I am trying to face the idea that recovery is a lost hope, but it ain't in me to just give up trying. Please, this is an important animal to me, and if any info happens to come up, if anyone happens to see an adult albino for sale coming from El Paso, TX, PLEASE, let me know via email at rick@sunsetbci.com or by phone 915-276-3384.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to offer.

A really sad Dad.
Rick