Jungle Carpet Python - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pythons

Notices

Old 01-26-2021, 11:09 PM   #1
-Moon-Beam-
Jungle Carpet Python

Edit
I have received a few offers for my boy. All kind people. All kind messages. I will be replying to each person individually. But I have decided to hold off on selling my snake for now. Due to multiple reasons that will be explained to those interested parties. I thank you all for stopping by. Be well!
-Amanda February 23, 2021

Hello!

I am hoping to re-home what I believe is a male jungle carpet python. Please Go To My Profile Album For A Few Photos. Thanks!

***I have not shipped a reptile before. I am hoping to get a response from someone in my area. I apologize for any inconvenience and for my lack of knowledge. I realize this is limiting for all involved.***

Background and Misc Details:
I purchased him from a pet store approx. 4 years ago. I was told that he was a male and approx. 2 years old.
So he is currently along the lines of 6 years old.
He is approx 5'4" in length.

I am unfortunately unable to have him in my apartment. I have been visiting him at another location.
He needs a loving home and someone who can give him the environment that he desperately deserves. He currently resides in a 36"x18"x18" terrarium. But he needs something taller so that he can climb and stretch out.

He is somewhat accustomed to human touch. I would take him outside on decent summer days. He doesn't mind riding along on your shoulders. But he can also be quite wiggly and sneaky.

He has never been to a vet. But I believe he may have some neurological issues. Perhaps just sensory issues. But he occasionally has some trouble when it is time to eat. He acts likes he cannot sense the food and sometimes strikes in an inconvenient location and I have to re-feed the food. But he has improved over the years and usually gets it right the first time.
I feed him thawed pinkie rats. I feel that his head is a bit small. He only goes after smaller prey. He has a much easier time.
He also does emit a noise that sounds like wheezing. I am not sure what that is about. But as far as I know, he is a healthy boy.

He has only bitten me once. And it was my own fault. I had prey scent on my hands. So that was on me. He has not bitten me since. But sometimes he gets over-excited and will strike/lunge if he thinks it is feeding time. Carpets are indeed known to be feisty. And he still has a bit of that left in him.

When it is time to interact with him, I open his terrarium and let him crawl out onto a chair. From there, I pick him up and all goes well if he decides not to wriggle around too much. He is definitely a strong boy.

I appreciate you taking the time to read my ramblings. I am sure that I forgot a thing or two. But please let me know if you have any questions. Or I will gladly take advice as to how best to find my baby a good home. I am at a loss and just want what is best for him.

Price is undecided at the moment. I was thinking around $200. Terrarium included. I just want him to have a beautiful/happy home.

Thank you for your time!
Please Go To My Profile Album For A Few Photos. Thanks!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!