Biodome/scorpian/leo/ plus extras - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-24-2006, 08:23 AM   #111
LadyGecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
IF this is true, I'd be curious to hear what your supervising IRB had to say about you conducting an experiment where (a) the subjects did not know they were being studied (aka voluntary participation and informed consent), (b) the participants were NOT protected from psychological or emotional harm (note the many people who expressed their frustration and "boiling point" in this thread) and (c) the data was not collected anonymously or kept confidential.

I wasn't ticked off before, but I am now.

For anyone still reading this thread, this is NOT how ethical psychological or sociological research is done.
I agree- i really don't know what makes me more irate-the original intention of this thread or the new revelation
I am also wondering at the ethics and the legality of such an experiment
Sandy

Old 01-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #112
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrkidts
You're right i missed that. Lying about age is a sad excuse for getting respect. Look where it got you. Many reptile keepers are young, and although some may get looked down upon for it, the majority of the young keepers seem to do just fine in the "community" if they aren't retarded. Some younger keepers have already made names for themsleves, and through good deeds and some common sense, they earn the respect they deserve with no problems.
:-D. look, ive been reading over this nonsense for like 10 minutes. i jsut got up and this a lovely way to start the day. id like to have the ability to flip out here wihtout a warning but ive already got 2. and it wouldnt be nice. im 15 also bud. some of the people on here already give me some respect because i dotn act like a fool. this is a perfect example of what i dont do. i simply ask questions and learn. the point of this forum being. you come in here posting this stuff which i think is also total BS. im on alot of forums. ive seen alot of this stuff. it really really irritates me beyond all belief. and if its true its the biggest display of idocincracy ive seen. and i thought yesterday was. i saw a kid dive off the blocks at my meet and hit his hand on the diving board which is 3 feet away. explain that to me. one more thing. an earth science teacher is earth science with rocks minerals and weather for the most part. they dont teach biology which for you to go and ask him and not a biology teacher is down right stupid right there. i just took earthy last year and im in bio right now, what a difference

Old 01-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #113
The NY Gecko
idc even if it was stupid experiment. what bothers me is the maturity(lack of it) the lieing on this kids behalf, and the overall idiocy of the idea. i doubt it was a psychology experiment. i really do.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:44 AM   #114
Sarah H
Quote:
Originally Posted by The NY Gecko
i doubt it was a psychology experiment. i really do.
I don't think it was at all either. The biodome thing was bull as well. Just a someone trolling here and got the reaction they wanted. I used to go to a dog board that pretty much had a resident troll. He would change names and post things just to start arguments. Checking isp's it was a member that had gotton mad at the forum regulars. First troll i have seen on fauna though,lol.
Just someone trying to iritate the leo people for some reason or another, maybe he didn't like that he was told a waterfall wasn't a good idea,lol.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #115
ShannanD25
working on your PhD? Try learning English and grammar first...I doubt the biodome thing and I doubt this supposed experiment....get a life. It isn't cool telling people you are endangering animals lives for the sake of a good laugh. I still like the idea of putting you in with a Tiger and seeing what survival of the fittest would bring. I just hope you don't actually own any reptiles or any other animal or that you have ever reproduced spawn of your own if you get your jollies off of other people's anger and emotional attachment to animals.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:35 AM   #116
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannanD25
working on your PhD? Try learning English and grammar first...I doubt the biodome thing and I doubt this supposed experiment....get a life. It isn't cool telling people you are endangering animals lives for the sake of a good laugh. I still like the idea of putting you in with a Tiger and seeing what survival of the fittest would bring. I just hope you don't actually own any reptiles or any other animal or that you have ever reproduced spawn of your own if you get your jollies off of other people's anger and emotional attachment to animals.
Took the words right out of my mouth!

Old 01-24-2006, 11:03 AM   #117
groovygeckos
WOW!

Trolling in the name of science are we?

Old 01-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #118
sugarkornbizkits
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedez
yeah i wanted to see how much people liked leo geckos... You sure are silly girl. Im actually 45 finishing up my thesis trying to get my PHD on the physical and emotional effects that animals have on people. we obviously see that you are kinda obsessed to say the least
Ok. I do love my animals-all 8 of them. I'm not obsessed. I just really care about them, and all animals in general. Hence why I've wanted to start my own rescue since I was 10. I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone last night. You really had me going there for a while. I just don't like seeing animals being treated like that-especially when it seemed like the info that you were given was falling on deaf ears.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #119
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedez
yeah i wanted to see how much people liked leo geckos... You sure are silly girl. Im actually 45 finishing up my thesis trying to get my PHD on the physical and emotional effects that animals have on people. we obviously see that you are kinda obsessed to say the least
Unfortunately for Mr. Bates, such an admission does carry a penalty here. Trolling, even for "scientific" purposes, is not a permissible activity.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:23 AM   #120
The NY Gecko
webslave, im assuming you have an IP Ban protocol? to prevent such occurences by mr.bates in the future perhaps?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!