Shipping retics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-15-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
Brongersmai
Shipping retics

Hello folks,

I'm trying to understand the current legal issues surrounding selling retics. I see some posts saying pickup only and others offering to ship. I remember seeing on youtube a while ago a video about legislation (dumb legislation) that prevents selling state to state. I'm not here to bust anyones chops or point fingers just trying to get some info on the legality of me purchasing an animal.

Thanks!

Old 02-15-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
bcr229
As it stands now (retics ony):
- Only someone who was a USARK member as of 04/08/2015 may ship or transport a retic across state lines.
- No one, whether a USARK member or not, may ship or bring a retic into Texas or Florida due to their state laws.
- Anyone in states other than Texas or Florida may receive a retic from an out-of-state shipper, as long as the shipper was a USARK member as of 04/08/2015.

http://usark.org/2015-blog/7109/

Also a lot of older retics are listed as "local sales only" because their size makes them expensive to ship.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
Brongersmai
Thank you! I'm really glad to see an injunction went through. We can only hope that the courts will not succumb to hysteria when it comes time for a final decision. I'm going to donate to USARK in the meantime.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
- Only someone who was a USARK member as of 04/08/2015 may ship or transport a retic across state lines.

- Anyone in states other than Texas or Florida may receive a retic from an out-of-state shipper, as long as the shipper was a USARK member as of 04/08/2015.
What???
I find it difficult to believe that any legislation, or stay of legislation, singled out USARK members (specific membership date, or otherwise) in its wording. If such wording actually exists, please show it here...if not, please explain why you posted that.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:27 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
What???
I find it difficult to believe that any legislation, or stay of legislation, singled out USARK members (specific membership date, or otherwise) in its wording. If such wording actually exists, please show it here...if not, please explain why you posted that.
http://usark.org/2015-blog/7182/
specifically this 6 page document:
http://usark.org/wp-content/uploads/...Injunction.pdf

Old 02-15-2016, 06:45 PM   #6
hhmoore
Interesting...(there's more, but I won't say it )
Thank you, April...and, my apologies, Melinda

Old 02-16-2016, 12:03 AM   #7
Snake-Queen
There is actually a paper that members have to have, especially if vending out of state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!