Cold weather - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:27 PM   #41
WebSlave
Well, the weather here has been pretty crappy today. Not any snow, mind you, but light rain all day with temps in the mid 40s as a high. I couldn't find a real driving reason to go outside all day long. Things aren't going to improve substantially temperature wise until Saturday. Sometimes I do envy a reptile's capability to hibernate.

Surprisingly, so far the blooms on the trees I took pics of earlier are holding up pretty well. And the peach trees are starting to bloom as well. So many of the plants seem to think it is Spring time. Just wish the actual weather would agree with them.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #42
WebSlave
Something is REAL wrong here....
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #43
JColt
You know, I'd kill for mid 40's right now, lol

Old 02-18-2015, 04:23 PM   #44
CombatWombat
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Mid 40s sounds wonderful.

It's in the 20s here today which has been a little bit of a heat wave.
I also want it to get warmer because I'm waiting for a ship on another crested gecko.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:34 PM   #45
WebSlave
Yeah man, this global warming crap is a real pain in the butt! Sure hope the government can do something after taxing us and reducing carbon dioxide (the effects of which will wind up costing us even MORE money) so we can get our normally cold temperatures back again.....

Old 02-18-2015, 04:48 PM   #46
bcr229
Quote:
You and me both! Yes winter is supposed to be cold, but sustained lows in the single digits or below zero is not typical in my area. There are lots of folks with burst pipes in or under their houses.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #47
JColt
Wind Chill Warning for Northern Ohio
Active for next 21 hours ·
National Weather Service

This alert has been updated.
Posted 4 hours, 17 minutes ago

Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 8 pm EST this evening.

Wind Chill Warning remains in effect from 8 pm this evening to noon EST Friday.

Wind Chill, as low as 25 to 30 below due to temperatures 16 below at night and 5 above zero on Friday, and winds west 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
Timing: through Friday morning. The lowest wind chills will occur this evening.
Impacts: frost bite and hypothermia are possible if the proper precautions are not taken.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #48
WebSlave
Quote:
Wind Chill Warning for Northern Ohio
Active for next 21 hours ·
National Weather Service

This alert has been updated.
Posted 4 hours, 17 minutes ago

Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 8 pm EST this evening.

Wind Chill Warning remains in effect from 8 pm this evening to noon EST Friday.

Wind Chill, as low as 25 to 30 below due to temperatures 16 below at night and 5 above zero on Friday, and winds west 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
Timing: through Friday morning. The lowest wind chills will occur this evening.
Impacts: frost bite and hypothermia are possible if the proper precautions are not taken.
Ouch! And here I am whining because it got down to 27.5 degrees last night and the forecast is for around 20 degrees tonight. It's probably not going to get over 45 degrees at all today, which is pretty unusual for these parts.

Honestly, I can't think of ANY reason for me to ever travel up north in the Winter months. As for ever LIVING back up there again, well, that just is not going to happen. Wild horses, and all that.....

Old 02-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #49
Lucille
A sunny 63 here. I started tomato plants late this year so they are small. Went to WalMart to get coffee and they had beautiful big tomato plants for sale so I bought some.
THIS year, I'm waiting for the lfd to plant, I remember in recent years being seduced into planting by good weather and a late hard freeze killed a bunch of my baby plants.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #50
WebSlave
Yeah, seen that around here too. Early blooming plants will often get knocked back by late freezes.

Hmm, maybe the USA should start taxing Canada for all the cold air it exports to us every year. Maybe that would put a stop to it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!