Pro Exotics PE2 Temp Gun - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 12-19-2004, 11:18 PM   #1
IanV
Pro Exotics PE2 Temp Gun

http://www.tempgun.com/order.html#pe2
I ordered one recently as a Christmas gift for myself, but I didn't actually do any research on these :doh!:
Has anyone used them? Did they work fine?
I have never really had much trouble with PE in the past, but I know a few others have. What are your opinions on the temp guns?

Ian

Old 12-19-2004, 11:21 PM   #2
ms_terese
Love it! Lots of bells and whistles!

Old 12-19-2004, 11:25 PM   #3
IanV
Thanks Terese,
Does the laser work well for actually sighting in on where you want to take the readings? I guess I should have done the work before hand, but whats the fun of impulse purchases if you don't worry a bit later!

Old 12-19-2004, 11:38 PM   #4
ms_terese
It seems to; although the little one we've had from Radio Shack for a couple of years now (which we spent a whopping $15 for) seems to work just as well. The truth is, it's fun to play with, but once the initial infatuation wears off, you end up pointing and clicking on each side of the enclosure and that's about it. :shrugs: I'm expecting to use it more cautiously once we get some eggs in the incubators, which should be pretty soon.

Hope you like yours!

Old 12-19-2004, 11:54 PM   #5
IanV
Thanks for the info. I noticed they were a blast to play with at a friends house, which is why I originally ended up buying one, but I hope it will help raise my husbandry another notch (my husbandry isn't bad, i promise!).
I am glad I found this section of the site. Didnt even know it existed until yesterday! Too many years spent posting only on two forums I guess!

Thanks, and good luck with the eggs if you get any

Old 12-20-2004, 05:41 AM   #6
paulv
I also recently ordered one for myself. I use it everyday, for the last 2 weeks and the service i got from PE. was just great. Very handy tool to have. Was quite suprised by some readings that i took, never realised that is was that hot.

I am very happy with my purchase, and will reccomend it to those that do not have one yet.

paul.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
Renshai
I bought one about 3 weeks ago, at the PE facility as its just down the road. Have gotten many "things" from them and have been treated really really well by everyone there. The PE-2 is actually a really good piece. It works just like its supposed to and is pretty darn accurate as well. I use it EVERYDAY, several times a day and its a johnny on the sopt tool. I HIGHLY recommend.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!