Amazon Tree Boa Prices? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-16-2002, 03:10 PM   #1
Kenyanboa
My boyfriend just purchased for me a pretty little Amazon Tree Boa for 250.00. He/She is a pretty little orange animal with faint green markings. Just to see if he didn't get jipped, I have been checking on prices (also hopeing to get a second after I find out if its a male or female.) I have found prices everywhere from $20 up to $1000! Real huge price range. As far as I can tell, these were all for naturally occuring morphs. I haven't seen any albinos or anything like that. The most expensive animal was a solid Red male. Anybody shed some light on Amazon priceing?

Old 05-16-2002, 04:16 PM   #2
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Heather,

prices will vary according to color, and whether the animal is captive bred/born or import.  The cheapest ones you will see are the "garden" phase Amazons, which are the most common, and are generally shades of brown and gray.  The "colored" amazons are always more expensive, and captive bred ones will always carry a higher price tag than imports from the wild.  If your friend got a nice CB orange Amazon for $250, that is probably about average for that color morph from what I have seen.  The solid red ones will ALWAYS be very expensive due simply to how attractive they are and to the demand for them.  Any solid colored Amazon will always be very expensive, but red is definitely the most desirable,  I think.  
And just FYI, there are albino Amazons out there, but not many, and I have never seen any for sale.  But check out corallus.com for more info and pics of various Tree Boa morphs.

Good luck with your new snake!

Old 05-21-2002, 02:11 PM   #3
Kenyanboa
WOW! THANKYOU! That is an awesome site! It answered all my questions plus some I didn't know I had. If anybody out there has Corallus species, its a good site to visit! By the way, I got my "girl" a "boy" to cohabitate with. Thanks for pointing that site out to me!

Old 05-22-2002, 01:39 PM   #4
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
You are more than welcome Heather!  Glad to see it was useful, and good luck with your Amazons!

Old 05-25-2002, 06:35 PM   #5
turtleman1
i dont do retail, only wholesale
our ATB are some times hard to get started to eat, last litter
of 11, only 4 eat, had to force feed the others, so i have not sold any yet, but when they come around & feed, we will offer them at 75.00 each
Gene

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!