Good Guy Dan Scolaro - Superb Transaction - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:24 AM   #51
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
Rich

Why in the name of all that is sane is he even coming back? By my count, this is his fourth ban. He is completely unredeemable and is pretty much nuts. Aside from lowbrow comic relief he contributes nothing here.

After how many bans does it become permanent?
There is a cascading scale of cumulative infraction points that will do this. I believe his ban this time is for 30 days. After that it is the BIG boot to the sidelines for good. Of course, any mod can override the cumulative steps and invoke a permanent ban whenever they feel it is justified. One thing I have become a whole lot less tolerant of is someone who rags on this site, me or the mods, outside of the Feedback Forum. I have given more than one person the BIG boot recently for just such a display. And good riddance to them........

Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #52
VegasBilly
Man I must be a glutton for punishment! At least I followed the advice I was given earlier by NOT starting a new thread! Anyway, I just received 1.1 Mangrove Snakes from Dan as well as another female White Lipped Python. I paid cash for the Mangroves and traded for the White Lipped. All three arrived in perfect condition. One of the Mangroves has already taken a thawed rat pup 3 days after arrival and if any of you out there have ever dealt w/imported Mangroves you'll know how great that is!

I read all the negative posts about Dan but I must be the odd guy out there who has yet to have a deal go south w/him. Every snake I've gotten from him has arrived exactly as advertised and all have thrived since arrival.

I do have a bad deal brewing w/another Florida importer that has yet to be resolved.....still waiting on them to even reply to my emails. I will be on the other side of this BOI-fence if they continue to ignore me...but I will not post prematurely until all avenues of resolution have been explored first.

I'm merely posting factual results so will the usual suspects PLEASE refrain from the personal attacks.
Bill

Old 03-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #53
lanceheads
Good post Bill.
I DO know how hard it is to get a w.c. B. dendrophila to eat!
Good luck on getting them established.

Randal Berry

Old 03-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #54
VegasBilly
Thanks Randall!

I have a new clutch of Mangrove eggs as well.The new Mangroves I just got from DTS are the "many-banded" types....much speculation as to whether of not they'll keep their coloration or fade to all black. Either way works for me as I have 0.1 all black Mangrove as well. So far I now have 2.5 Mangroves of varying ssp. only one of which is a LTC over 5 years..all have done very well. In Dan's defense he does treat for parasites w/Panacur and Flagyll and has also started treating any suspected of UR issues w/Fortaz prior to shipping. This is one reason I choose to deal with him w/imported animals. I then treat them myself 3 more times over 3 weeks and all are thriving...should be geting my second clutch anyday now.
Bill

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!