Bad Guy Brad Armitage of NC - deadbeat - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #11
SofaKing
It was hard to see it.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #12
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
Oh, sorry, missed that bit!
No problem! There are a billion emails up there---and with me clipping them in Gmail made it tougher.

I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm jacked--no doubt.

I am showing you that as buyers and sellers--this---or worse--can happen to you.

DON'T USE PAYPAL unless it's someone you REALLY trust.

Ask your buyer or seller to provide a final listing of animals so that you can agree on it at the time of final agreement.

DON'T USE PAYPAL! We have to find a escrow service---some of my buddies used to do it when they traded expensive watches. This is similar--we have to find that service.

AND--MAKE SURE YOU DON'T BUY FROM BRAD ARMITAGE FROM NORTH CAROLINA! unless you do it in person. And then spit on his shoes for me. And fart too.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #13
David Reid
You said he was getting out of the snake biz, that to me, is reason enough to pass on a purchase. If someone is getting out, there is no way that community pressure will make them do the right thing. If they are not going to miss out on future sales, they may not care about you.

Dave

Old 02-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #14
mvite
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
You said he was getting out of the snake biz, that to me, is reason enough to pass on a purchase. If someone is getting out, there is no way that community pressure will make them do the right thing. If they are not going to miss out on future sales, they may not care about you.

Dave
You're absolutely right that's another lesson learned here.

The nice thing about Fauna is that the adword elves went to work last night and now when you Google Brad Armitage- this thread is already the 3rd result!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #15
jim0602
Ok I have a few questions. I only ask this because I have been screwed twice by buyers through papal in pretty much the exact same way of what you attempted. I guess I was unlucky in that I had the cash in the acct to allow the refunds. This is why I no longer use papal, there scammer friendly. You state the snake is worth $500.00 yet you attempt to do a $4900.00 refund then an $1100.00 refund. How can you possibly try to get $4900.00 back from him?? Also I will assume you are trying a complete refund through your cc company since I don’t think you can do a partial through them? At your value of $500.00 each on the one missing that only leaves a value of $2000.00 on the other 8 snakes (I think should have been 8) and I think the lucy is worth that? It does look like you are owed a snake or cash but I think trying to get $4900.00 back makes you look as bad or worse than the seller.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #16
mvite
Jim-

I can appreciate your views on this--especially having been burned.

I did take this into consideration--and really---if my friend ends up posting here for me--he'll tell you that I had a real problem filing a claim for the full amount.

The fact is---the complete lack of response from Brad Armitage made me feel like something was up. The hets-----double het albino pieds---they are worth some serious cash. I don't know how much because we didn't discuss items on an individual cost basis so I didn't know what to do.

Without paperwork from a trustworthy source--the "hets" are normals--and I'd return them to Brad Armitage at their value--if he and I can arbitrate those amounts.

I would much rather be in control of the money---and now that it's public--you know what I intend to do. When Brad Armitage holds my money---he just gives it to his sister or whatnot.

I'm not trying to screw anyone but I can see where a full refund would appear that way.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #17
mvite
The missing snake---means almost nothing to me today. Except that only a scumbag would ignore it.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #18
Shadera
My brain hurts.

I hope you can find some resolution.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #19
jim0602
I agree no response looks bad on his part and I also would prefer to be in control. Its unfortunate that he has turned a $300.00 (at narbc this past weekend) snake into a huge headache for you. Regardless if you get paperwork or not you will not know till you breed them. Any paperwork now is as good as toilet paper. That’s the bad thing about package deals it’s never worth as much to the seller as it is to the buyer if not laid out in advance.
I do not know either of you nor have ever dealt with either but I’ve seen and heard enough about you to know you are on the up and up its just that paypal disputes crawl up my ass deep.
It looks like you are shafted since he wont even talk about it so hopefully you do prove out your hets then you got a great deal and he will be remembered in the future if he does try to return.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #20
ophidile
Yeah, I was thinking with all the times I've read on here people with paperwork guarantees here who had hets that didn't prove out and were still SOL, despite said paperwork.
I really don't know much about the legal system, but it's too bad civil claims (or some other cheap, self-rep system) won't help folks honor such contracts.

Still, false paperwork is better than no paperwork, in providing proof of wrongdoing at least...

I wonder if it should be standard for large deals to get paperwork sent ahead of time, before paying the full amount for snakes?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brad armitage, north carolina, pet paradise, raleigh