shedding and grey toes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-04-2004, 10:04 PM   #1
drey
shedding and grey toes

hi all,

well both of my normals just shed, and i've inspected them. what concerns me is that their toes are kinda a shade of grey with some black spots, is that normal? i've misted them and the humid hides regularly before they've shed. And i cant see any loose skins/skin flakes, but then again, the toe area is rather hard to check
any opinions?

don

Old 11-05-2004, 12:41 AM   #2
Leo Lover
Are you able to supply a pic?

Old 11-07-2004, 03:21 AM   #3
LadyGecko
It almost sounds from your description that their feet aren't keeping up with the shed on the rest of their body.
Do you mean that their toes look like they are still in pre-shed condition?
I have never seen that in mine and I have had the good fortune to take many Leo shed pics.......
Anyone else have any more thoughts on this?
Sandy
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2004, 06:43 AM   #4
drey
a failed attempt to determine..

unfortunately, nope, no pictures as yet cause i've lent my digi cam to a friend. as to whether their toes look like they are still in the pre-shed condition, i would say not really, as they're more of a greyish tone rather than a transparent layer. but they definetly dont look like the pinkish toes i see on my other albino, who's just shed btw.

I tried misting their toes and rubbing them careful, but all i got as a result were two traumatised geckos and a whole pile of smelly poo accompanied by an extremely rude noise on my hand and legs will try letting them wade in a shallow amount of water next.

Any other suggestions?? are all their toes supposed to be pink in colour ?? Thanks

don

Old 11-07-2004, 07:40 AM   #5
Lemur_6
Is there an abrupt change in the "grey" on your gecko's toes? (i.e. can you see the edge of the skin that's still on the toes?), if not, it's probably not stuck skin.

If you can see the vein running through the fingers, then there shouldn't be any stuck skin. Otherwise, look for a "boundary" where the edge of the stuck shed looks to be, and while giving a warm bath gently rub the boundary edge with a Q-tip till it starts to loosen. Once it's loose enough so that there's a tab hanging off the toe, firmly press the end of the Q-tip down on the tab of skin and the gecko will pull his leg to get the skin off.

-Lemur 6

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!