The one! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
The one!

So for all of ya'll out there that have found someone.... how did you know that person was the one for you?

I thought about doing a poll... but realized there was no way I could guess all the correct answers..... so just post your answer.

What did you partner do that made you think..... This is who I want to be with... they are THE ONE!

I hope that some of our married members will also chime in. Could be interesting to read some of the answers.... and ya never know. You may not be alone in having the same trigger points as someone else.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
Southern Wolf
33 views already.... and surely to goodness they aint all by single folks. Comeon folks... dont be skeeert!

Old 07-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
crissabella
I know some might say "How can you know that Kevin is the one, the one you know is right for you, you haven't even met him yet!" But i do know that in my heart, you are the one for me. One thing that made me think that, is you are getting on a plane for me, to come spend 8 days with me up here in Massachusetts, and i know that is extremely difficult with you.
But the biggest thing for me was that you are willing to step into the role of Daddy with my twins, one that a lot of guys would go running from. You are willing to make sacrifices for them,and for me.
In my eyes, and my heart, you are the only one for me, babe, and i'm counting down the days until August 24th

Old 07-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
deborahbroadus
For me, it was after I had my first argument with hubby (before marriage), and realized I still wanted to see him the next day!

I wasn't desperate..I was still actively dating, so this was the narrowing point where I realized that I didn't WANT to date anyone else.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #5
JordanAng420
It wasn't until my boyfriend had emergency brain surgery that I realized just how strong our bond is. He had a subdural hematoma (bleeding around his brain) due to a kick from a martial arts tournament, and was having neurological symptoms. I spent every waking moment by his side in the hospital for the entire month he was there. Something about the intensity of that entire situation...the fact that I could have lost him during surgery or afterward...it really took our relationship to a different level.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
Lucille
I have serial Ones so maybe it doesn't count

Old 07-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
LauraB
Ditto, Lucille - so obviously not qualified to provide insightful uh .... insight. LOL.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
meisen
There isnt a "one" , that's fantasyland IMO. There are probably tens of thousands of people in the world with whom most people could have a succcessful LTR. Fewer for some who may be more challenging personalities ahem some herpers I know. It isn't a "one" thing, cmon give yourself more credit than that! No matter who it is, it's just realistically very hard work and a willingness on both partners part to work at the relationship. To give and to take and to compromise and to soften one's heart when angry etc. Basically the "one" is anyone who makes your heart happy to be around, who shares a general outlook on things (opposites atttract but usually flame out over time) and creates this willingness to work hard for a long time in you.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisen View Post
There isnt a "one" , that's fantasyland IMO. There are probably tens of thousands of people in the world with whom most people could have a succcessful LTR. Fewer for some who may be more challenging personalities ahem some herpers I know. It isn't a "one" thing, cmon give yourself more credit than that! No matter who it is, it's just realistically very hard work and a willingness on both partners part to work at the relationship. To give and to take and to compromise and to soften one's heart when angry etc. Basically the "one" is anyone who makes your heart happy to be around, who shares a general outlook on things (opposites atttract but usually flame out over time) and creates this willingness to work hard for a long time in you.
I think of the "One" as this is the one that I would work hardest to keep because he fits me on so many mental and physical levels (if that makes sense).

I have had several "Ones" some last, some don't as we grow in different directions.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
meisen
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I think of the "One" as this is the one that I would work hardest to keep because he fits me on so many mental and physical levels (if that makes sense).

I have had several "Ones" some last, some don't as we grow in different directions.
Makes sense to me. And yeah, thats my point, you have already had more than one "the one". Investing heavily in a something that isn't working based on the idea that this person must be the one is a bad plan. You have to see the same kind of commitment on their part as your own or it will likely continue be a lopsided relationship.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!