Lee King perpetrator of "Fake" Cashiers Checks! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #1
molurusbreedingcente
Lee King perpetrator of "Fake" Cashiers Checks!

Perpetrator of "FAKE" Cashiers Check Scam!

BEWARE OF THESE TRAPS:

MY RESPONSES TO FAKE CASHIERS CHECK VIA INTERNATIONAL FEDEX below:

Sent Response to Mr King after getting delivery of the Fake Cashiers Check on March 31, 2006 delivered to my door at 11:05 am by Fedex. After depositing check at our bank, I was then alerted to the scam by a gentlemen on the Kingsnake.com in the middle of the same scam with the same Mr. King!

Since then I have been made aware of at least a half dozen herpers that are involved with someone trying to purchase their reptiles of the Internet.

Sent to Mr. King : March 31, 2006

Mr. King
The check took so long to arrive we had already sold the pair. Since our reptile company would like to further our business ties with a gentlemen of "means" such as yourself that has a keen interest in rare reptiles and mammals, our company will issue you a refund check drawn on our bank for the funds transferred via the cashiers check.
Sorry for the miscommunication.
Let us know in the future if we can help you procure possibly a hand-raised ring-tailed Lemurs (legal with papers) , or other exotics for your pleasure. We know that men of wealth often endeavour to assemble a rare zoo for their pleasure as well as for their associates. We hope to be the company that helps you build this rare zoo for your pleasure.
Thank you
Wlamore___________________________________________ _______ __________________________________________________
Received from Mr. King: March 31, 2006 - very quickly in reply to 1st message above. English improved a great deal upon finding I would refund the money!!!!!!!!!:

Dear XXXX,
Thanks for getting back to me in the soonest time yet i feel not too good knowing the snake has been sold out , for now none of the given criterials of reptiles is in my desires, i did called at you this morning bute a voice mail . . . i have authorised fedex to come over to your location by 12 noon tomorrow 04 / 03 / 06 to pick up the percel of refund via cashiers cheaque .
I want you to please mail and release the percel to fedex of the refund ( cashiers cheaque ) to the below address : PLS ISSUE THE CASHIER CHEAQUE REFUND ON THE BELOW NAME
SHAWN ALDONE RICHARDS
11327 E-5TH AVENUE
APACHE JUNCTION, AZ 85220
(460) 986-0001
Hope to hear from you
LEE KING
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
This quickly followed the morning after he called and left a voice-mail and spoke very good English.

Received from Mr. King: April 1, 2006

Dear Wlamore,
Here is the fedex confrmation references which u will have to show to fedex in order for acceptance by fedex and a smooth takeoff for departure of the percel to it's destination.below . This email is to confirm that a FedEx pickup has been scheduled through fedex.com for the date and location indicated below.We look forward to serving you and thank you for shipping with FedEx. Confirmation Number: FNLA00015 Contact name: Bill Lamoreaux Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXState: XX ZIP code: XXX Country: United States Phone number: XXX Number of packages: 1 Pickup Date: 03 Apr 2006 Hope to hear from you soon LEE KING

I changed the information to protect the innocent> ME!!!!!!!!! __________________________________________________ ______

OOPS: I forgot to tell him about my "restock" fee, to recover my time and effort on this deal!

Sent:This morning - April 2, 2006 - waiting for a reply.

Mr. King,

We will send out a check for a refund but we have 200.00 fee for this re-stock, we have another 1.1 we can send but not the ones you originally purchased. Or possibly you would be interested in some other Kingsnakes for your purchase. We may have a zoo raised (legal) hippopotamus coming in within the month?

Please have Shawn purchase and send only a United States Postal Money-Order to me and I can then refund your money with a company check.

Thanks
wlamore

P.S. we will be out of town skiing in Aspen until Wednesday.
Thanks again

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!