For Sale A nice variety of cool gecko species! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Geckos

Notices

Old 08-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
sciteacher
A nice variety of cool gecko species!

I've nearly sold out of crested geckos for this year, so it's time to trim back some of my other species a bit.

First up is a really cool display gecko... a 3 year old adult male Chondrodactylus angulifer also known as the Namibian Giant Ground Gecko. This guy is big and bold and very photogenic. He knows where the food comes from and doesn't have a shy bone in his body. He's really one of the favorite geckos I've ever kept, but he's had some problems as a breeder (prolapsed hemipenes the last 2 years). He's perfectly healthy and would make a really nice display animal in a desert setup. If I was selling him as a breeding animal I'd be asking $200+ for him. As a pet only display animal I'm only asking $90 + shipping.

Next up, I have a few Australian geckos. Nephrurus wheeleri are an easy entry into the world of Nephrurus geckos. Their scalation gives them a very prehistoric look, but they're as easy to care for as leopard geckos... and nearly as easy to breed. I have 1 female that should be ready to breed by spring, and a couple of unsexed babies. I'm asking $175 for the female and $135 each for the unsexed.

Another easy Australian gecko and one of my all time personal favorites is the Underwoodisaurus milli. I have 4 offspring from 2 different breeding pairs available right now and more eggs incubating. With their big dark eyes, these babies were a hit at the last show I vended. I'm asking $125 + shipping for each.

I also have 2 unsexed Nephrurus levis for sale and more eggs incubating. I haven't taken pictures of these babies yet, but they are from a nice pair and should be very nice typical Nephrurus levis. I'm asking $175 + shipping.

OK... lets' head back to Africa for a few more. I've had good success this year with one of the more desirable Pachydactylus species... P. caraculicus. This a small species as adults, and the babies are quite tiny. I have a few that are past the delicate newborn stage, but they still require pretty small food items. The babies have incredible electric colors which tend to fade a bit as they mature. Right now I have 5 youngsters in with the parents and it's really fun to watch them at feeding time. They almost look like a pack of tiny dinosaurs as they dart about after pinhead crickets or tiny roach nymphs.

Helmeted geckos (Geckonia chazalia) are a species I have specialized in for 6 or 7 years, and have had mixed success. I probably hatched out 20 - 30 babies over that time, having good success some years and then little or no success in other years. They're certainly not hard to keep, but I found them a bit challenging to breed. Over the last year, I've sold most of my group of this species and only have a couple of young males left. I'm moving on to other gecko projects for now, but this has been one of my favorite species and I hope to work with them again some time in the future. I consistently sold unsexed babies for $125 each and males for $100 when I was producing them. I'm only asking $75 each + shipping for these last 2 males.

More to come, but that's enough for one ad. All geckos are captive bred and healthy. Please PM me if interested or if you have any questions.

Gary Hamann
www.ridgeandvalleyreptiles.com
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!