Setting up my HOT room (PICTURES) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #31
ccole74
I was also wondering if you have to remove all the rocks when you clean, or do you have a method of cleaning around them ?

Old 10-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #32
Kingetula
I took some video of the show. It's about 4 minutes long with 5 to 10 second clips.

I posted it on myspace DELETED AS OF OCT 31 2007. No longer available

Old 10-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #33
deborahbroadus
I think it's an awesome set up and the fact that you did the work mainly yourself with your gf and son helping makes it even more so. (how I wish I were that handy...I would add on a room to my house! )

I can honestly state that I know nothing about "hots" other than they are venomous..but apparently you have provided all the needed safety features! Good luck!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:05 PM   #34
Kingetula
What's crazy is I have had 2 escapes. :-(

The Animal Plastic cages that I got are not very good for baby snakes. It took my Vipera ammodytes 5 weeks to figure out how to crawl between the quarter inch space where the glass doors meet. Thank God I had the room door escape proof and found him crawling along the wall.

My second escape was by Bothriechis schlegelii (Golden) it only took this guy a few days. Again thank God I screened the AC intake and outtake. This guy was just sitting on top of the metal shelving above his cage chilling.

I love the Animal Plastic cages but for small new born snakes, not recommended. (at least not the slidding door type)

I have moved them out and or they have gotten larger and are now secure.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #35
deborahbroadus
Chilling story! (shock) But all's well that ends well.

(good info to know for future purposes..thanks)

Old 11-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #36
christophermchale
really nice set up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!