getting " envenomated " can get you ........ - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #21
Vinny D
i agree 100% and about the croc hunter but what is done is done. and all that you quoted was after boath envenomations. and yes i do use all tools transport boxes ect. i am a good hot handler for my age. i have made some mistakes not only the 2 hot bites. i think every 1 has. their is no room for error while working with a dangerous animal.

Old 02-28-2006, 06:42 PM   #22
Vinny D
no like i have said many of times on here. i want to teach ppl not to get careless like i have. i am in no way proud of the fact that i have been envenomated twice. but their is nothing i can do about that now. except to share with other's my mistakes. which to you is bragging or being proud. it would be pretty sad to be proud of something like that.

Old 02-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #23
crotalusadamanteus
You know what Vinny? We are not mean. We are just straight up and more importantly, HONEST people. And most dishonest people do not like being questioned, and react pretty defensively. Something I've noticed.
If you studied venomous so long, you would know that C.a. has HEMOTOXIC venom. Known for necrosis, and hemorrhaging, hell, it coagulates the blood eventually. Neurotoxic venom is known for paralysis, and attacking vitals, and nervous system.
And you would also know that venom's are measured by LD-50, not 1-10 scale, and the info you seek is pretty obtainable without much effort. And why would you even own a snake if you didn't know the LD-50, AND have anti-venon on hand? This is not responsible keeping of hots by any means.
It seems to Me you ARE overhyping your actual knowledge to try and gain friends? status? reputation? who knows what, but you are not in My oppinion being completely truthful and creating the opposite. This is a large forum. There are people here who DO KNOW what they are talking about.
Some advice for you My friend. Be yourself, and not who you would LIKE to be. You will probably make more friends that way.

Rick

Old 02-28-2006, 06:51 PM   #24
Vinny D
Well if you know anything about easterns. you would know that their their is a fake line through gainsville,fla. easterns south of that line are strogly neuotoxic and ssp. north of the line are mostly hemotoxic. do your reaserch before saying anything..

Old 02-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #25
Vinny D
i dont know why everything i say gets twisted and turned around. i have never lied about 1 thing on here. and their is no LD-50 for atheris ssp or antivenom. so thats a little hard to do u know. atheris is a very poorly studied ssp. that is why my envenomation is in the medical journal. because it was the first time that a bite from atheris chloroechis was TREATED WITH ANTIVENIN. yes other ppl have lived from them but they never received the correct AV. which is S.A.I.M.R a south african polyvalent used for some african hot's. and lucky enough in my case it worked. so please tell me why u would jump on me like that. if YOU dont even know what your talking about??

Old 02-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
what, . Be yourself, and not who you would LIKE to be. You will probably make more friends that way.
That is a lot of wisdom, right there...

Old 02-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #27
Vinny D
and if you dont beleve the eastern's venom being STRONGLY nurotoxic only on the easterns south of gainsville,fl take it up with Dr. Bryan fry. that is why i was paralized for 3 days after the envenomation.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:08 PM   #28
crotalusadamanteus
So your saying there are two adamanteus. 2 ssp of adamanteus? I find nothing in anything I have read. So which book is that from? Really, I would like to have it. I like to keep My stuff up to date.
Now C. scutulatis is known for nero's, and in more recent years I have heard of C. v. helleri possessing nero's, but I have not heard of this in C.adamanteus, or any other crotalids in N.A. Of course, I have not kept hots for 10 yrs or so, I may be out dated here. Maybe I should look into it.

See, now you MAY have taught someone something. And if you turn out correct, I will come back and publicly oppologize to you. Cool?

Rick

Old 02-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #29
hhmoore
Vinnie, you have, and will be taking heat for some of your comments and our perception of your attitude - so far, I will admit that you have tried to maintain some dignity about it. I don't know you, and will be removing myself from these discussions unless you say something really stupid or offensive. Before that, I want to explain something: You have professed a concern about the availability of venomous snakes, and the ability of just about anyone to purchase them...yet you were one of the ones that WE have been voicing our concerns about for years. This is not a jab at your experience, but there are a lot of issues surrounding hots. More and more states and localities are regulating venomous (and other) reptiles, and a big piece of the impetus for legislation is people being bitten (abandoned or lost critters is a biggie with nonvenomous). Until something like that happens and brings us into the spotlight, most local governments never even think about snakes. Who would think that venomous snakes should be a concern in NY - nobody...UNTIL some dumbass got bitten by an eyelash viper. Oh, look - a newspaper article or two...and what's that, all the sudden, some member of the state government is presenting a bill to regulate venomous reptiles. Oh, and check this out...another winner of a Darwin award gets bitten while free handling a gaboon viper. A little bit of media attention, and the county in which it was purchased suddenly has a ban so restrictive that state license holders can't get shipments into that airport. YOU are Pennsylvania's worst nightmare. Reptile keepers are in the minority, and our rights are threatened and taken away at every turn. Hot keepers even more so. It is hard enough to justify why we should be allowed to keep large constrictors, monitor lizards, crocodilians, etc...without somebody realizing that a single bite from a venomous snake can cause death or permanent disfigurement (not to mention the many thousands of dollars in medical bills for treatment)

Old 02-28-2006, 07:13 PM   #30
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
i dont know why everything i say gets twisted and turned around. i have never lied about 1 thing on here. and their is no LD-50 for atheris ssp or antivenom. so thats a little hard to do u know.
My point exactly. You cannot call this responsible keeping of hots. Yet you keep saying you are. Steve Irwin is a great guy. I like him too. But I think He does stupid and irresponsible things. You say He taught you everything you know. I say this is why you were bitten. You recieved no PROPER training.

Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!