Hurricane news - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:06 PM   #1
bcfos
Hurricane news

Important information
I am posting this for a good friend Scott Bice down in Florida. He is looking down the barrel of the hurricane right now. Everyone wish fauna members like Scott good luck during this time.

His post:

The links below are of some of South Floridas news and weather stations. Please if you have friends or family down here do not try calling once it hits we all will need as much free space on the cells as possible for Emergancy services. Thank you and please pass the link to this thread and forum on to any and all who might have family or friends here.

Thank you all
Scott Bice

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphic...IF/291048W5.gif

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

http://www.stlucieco.gov/eoc/

http://home.cfl.rr.com/scanner/irc.htm

http://terraserver.com/imagery/imag...er_id=350&t=pan

Probably the best of all is to down load this one and go to its weather map.

http://www.wpecnews12.com/doppler.shtml

--------------------

Scott Bice

Old 09-03-2004, 01:20 PM   #2
PristinePythons
Hmm..

I'm about 30 min. From Ft. Lauderdale and as of now it's supposed to hit vero beach. This would be nice as I'd only get tropical storm conditions but real bad for people in that area. Regardless I'll be praying for everyone. Good luck everyone!

Old 09-04-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
Mustangrde1
Thanks first to Brian for getting this up. its been Hell lol trying to post for obvious reasons.

It is 8:21 am Saturday and so far we are ok I even was able to have a shower this morning and breakfast and most important Coffee.

I spoke to a few of the other guys around here and all were able to secure thier animals and protect them. Thank God we had more then enough time to prepare. All the hots from the guuys i have spoken to were bagged and locked down tight which was my biggest worry..

Hope to talk to you guys again soon and good luck everyone.

Old 09-04-2004, 10:05 AM   #4
Lucille
Our prayers are with all of y'all. I hope everyone comes through with minimal hassle and damage, please continue to report in.
It was an excellent idea to bag and lock the hots to prevent unanticipated harm.
It would probably be a good idea to make coffee ahead and store in a thermos in case of electricity failure, a miserable day can be made much more so by not starting out right.

Old 09-04-2004, 10:16 AM   #5
Copperheadman
Sounds like it may be a long night for you Florida guys. I'm glad that most of you are responsible enough to secure hots like that.Take it easy guys,be safe...and good luck for those who choseto ride out the storm. Wishing you the best from Arkansas.

Old 09-04-2004, 11:02 AM   #6
Neil Gubitz
Right now in Tampa, it's bright sunshine with a nice breeze going on.... I wish every day was like this.... but that's for NOW.... by tomorrow morning, we should be in the middle of torential downpours and lots of wind (I was even thinking of getting flood insurance, and I'm on the third floor!!.... lol)....

I have a huge thermos of coffee made and my new Wamena had a full shed last night and snapped up a mouse this morning, so, all in all, it's been a pretty good day so far (for me)....

I hope all you guys in the Southeast are doing ok.... Charley was big enough, but Frances is the size of Texas!!.... Be safe and good luck.... My good thoughts are with you....

Neil

Old 09-04-2004, 11:15 AM   #7
jmartin104
Reporting from Port St. John, FL...

Breezy conditions with spots of rain. One huge wind gust bent a 1/2" steel rod and blew my privacy fence gate open. A tree here and there have begun to snap. I suspect these were trees damaged from "Charley". Power has been disrupted several times but only breifly.

Snake bags are labeled and ready for occupants should the need arise.

Old 09-04-2004, 02:17 PM   #8
PristinePythons
2:17pm Reporting from Margate, FL

I live in Parkland, FL but our power went out so I brought my snakes with me to a friends house in Margate, FL. Winds upwards of 50mph, rainy, tree's down, and debris everywhere. The eye of the storm hasn't even hit landfall yet! Luckly we have a generator and tons of food and so on! We'll see how it goes I'm hoping it doesn't get to rough and that everyone stays safe. Good luck to everyone!

Old 09-04-2004, 06:28 PM   #9
WebSlave
09/04/04 - 6:25pm

Old 09-05-2004, 12:19 AM   #10
nextworld3
In from Palm Beach

Well its pretty bad here (not like Andrew bad, but still sucks) We've had cabin fever for 2 days, You can only clean the snake's rack so many times lol. Well we still have power but everyone i know dosent. Heres a few pics for you guys.

This one is of a tree that WAS across the street thats now in our front yard. Theres three more this size moving across the street now but im not running out there for you all lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!