Inquiry Opinions needed on a sale, please read. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
brodie691
Opinions needed on a sale, please read.

Ok if this is not BOI worthy i apologize. I need some opinions. I sold a pair of Borneo Blood Pythons to a guy back over a week ago, i would have to look at dates. I told him that i would photograph more photos of the other females i had and he could have his pick. Here's the deal, he knew i would be awaiting a shipment that i placed right after he bought them from me, from Superior Enterprise for some shipping boxes as i had ran out. I am at fault because the last couple weeks it was about 9 days ago i think, that i have not yet had time to take photos of the animals in question, as for one i am constantly getting in new animals, but that's not the entire problem... I had a show that i had to get ready to go to last weekend in Birmingham, and had a friend stopping through that night from Kentucky to drop off and pick up some animals from me. That rest of the weekend, and this last week has been busy... Now i had plans to take these pictures by friday, but..... Some things arose. I had a very close family member commit suicide on Thursday of this week, and have been spending time with his son, whom is also my best friend, consoling him.
I just received this e:mail from said customer:

"I posted a notice on the Board of Inquirey tonight. I asked if anyone could testify to the fact that you actually owned a camera? :-)

Take care,

Phil"

I don't want to seem to be lacking in customer service, and maybe i am jumping the gun here, but............ I am thinking very seriously about refunding this guy his money. I just see this leading into a headache. I do understand his aggravation with me about not getting his pictures to him sooner, but....... that is not what bothers me. It's the blatant lie he just sent me within this e:mail. Unless i am completely blind, i see no thread pertaining to me not having a camera. Yes, i do have a camera, in fact a mighty fine one i might add. I might just be super sensitive and over stressed at this time because of the series of crap happening events as of recent, but... I just see this ending up a problem in the long run. If he lied about something so simple, what else??? Anyone that knows me, and has done business with me knows that i am not one to lie, nor stiff anyone... I always ship packages as promised unless something comes up, and then i contact with details and get the items out ASAP, which rarely if ever happens.
I suppose i say all of that, to ask this simple question... Would i be considered a bad guy here if i were to just refund his money at this point? I mean he has not asked for a refund or anything of the sort, it's just i don't know that i want to deal with much of a headache at this point, and well...... I cannot stand being lied to, even over the simplest of things.
Any advice would be great, as i don't want to do ANYTHING unethical here, just a bit frustrated i suppose.
If this is not meant to be on the board of inquiry, then i do sincerely apologize.

Thanks in advance,

matthew watkins

Old 03-23-2009, 02:35 AM   #2
spawn
Matthew - you're entitled to sell to anyone you want. I know the retail market is a long web of headaches waiting to happen. Refund the money and move on to someone else.

You are busy with emotional things, and that will only give him more fodder. Beat the curve and refund his money. I might be missing something in the deal plans however as I don't fully understand it. He bought some snakes and is waiting on them pending photos of some possible additional snakes to his order?

Old 03-23-2009, 03:03 AM   #3
hhmoore
Matthew, one of the requirements for posting on the BOI is that the person/business must be named in the title. I've closed this thread to allow you the opportunity to copy/paste it into a new thread if you opt to do so. Alternatively, you could post in the General Business Discussions forum. This thread will remain in place for 24 hrs, or until you start a new thread.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:39 AM   #4
hhmoore
Forgot to mention - if you post in the General Business forum, it will have to stay "general". If you feel the need to identify the person/business, it belongs here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread