Bad Guy The Jungle Florida - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:12 AM   #1
CaliReaper
Exclamation The Jungle Florida

My name is Alvin Cruz from California and I do not have time to deal with this but I rather warn people and learn from my mistake.

I am writing to warn buyers online purchase from this Reptilian company terms. Some of you had a good experience with them and some might not since I have seen in Yelp after my purchase. Which is the reason I made a mistake but I felt this place would be a great place to purchase from breeders but this company does not breed all of their chameleons. I purchased a 1 year old Female which I inquired if they had any health guarantee after it arrives like 10 days or a month but they said no, so I asked if the chameleon was in good health and they said they are so I trusted them, which that my second mistake. Well I purchased and they said it will be overnight shipment, I got it next day in the morning through UPS, which it was shipped in a box with paper surrounding and in cloth bag with more paper in it. Placed her in my cage which she was climbing on and then she pooped and it was watery like diarrhea. I send a message to The Jungle Florida Facebook which were I was able to communicate with them better, as I showed them a picture and explanation of the Female Condition, they said its because she dehydrated, okay sound reasonable. my cage mist constantly for 2-3 minutes every mist with my auto mistaking system. She drinks and eats a few crickets. I see her falling off the vine I have in the cage and looks weak so I communicate with them the next day, they reply quick and say it takes a few days to recover from the stress she traveled. I have purchased a couple of chameleons online through Chameleon Paradise and Bruce is awesome and always packages them well with hydrated and strong chameleons. anyways this did not seem right to me, so I continue to observe her the 3rd day, which I find her hang upside down like she had no strength so I take a video to demonstrate The Jungle Florida. long story short. she was never healthy from day 1 so I told Jungle Florida that I would rather want a healthy Chameleon if they can not grantee me a healthy one than to refund my Money. They said they will get back to me, which they did through Facebook. I really do not have much time to dispute or handle a seriously ill chameleon, they said they could only send me another female chameleon but I have to pay for shipping. I was shocked that I need to pay for anything free which I had no responsibly of this Chameleon to be sick or arrived sick. I told them if they can Guarantee if not than I rather get my full refund, insisted not to because they did not want to pay for shipping nor they wanted to guarantee me any healthy chameleon. I felt I was not treated well for the experience from them. I have proof from pictures I have placed and videos if I can share in here. you make that judgment if you want to purchase a reptile from this Company. is it worth losing. once I told them I was going to spread their policy and my experience they got really offensive and thinking I was going to bad mouth them. I told them I was only going to write my experience and their policy so they reenforce and changed their policy from "I will ship your a free chameleon and pay shipping" to I will ship you a free chameleon and pay shipping and sign a form that I will not write a review or else I do not get nothing. I felt like this company was no good to do business with that being said, I rather not get anything and protect other consumers instead.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2017, 02:21 AM   #2
CaliReaper
Exclamation More Pictures

Here are more pictures and videos, I placed my set of my cage.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:25 AM   #3
CaliReaper
Pictures

More pictures
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2017, 02:27 AM   #4
CaliReaper
Pictures 2

More pictures
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2017, 02:35 AM   #5
CaliReaper
Unhappy Pictures 3

More Pictures. I also have Voice recording when speaking with them over the phone as well. If you all see this customer service and policy. Please be warned of who ever you deal business with, make sure you get a guarantee health upon arrive with 1 week to 10 after arrive, just to be sure your Chameleon or reptile is good health when they shipped it out to you. The Jungle Florida might change their name after this post, look them up in Yelp too and you will see there review too. They could have fixed the issue but they choose not too. I could have reviewed my experience by saying I received an ill Chameleon but they great by replacing my chameleon with no charge and no shipping charge but instead they kept pushing it like I had no option but to lose money and time with them.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2017, 02:48 AM   #6
CaliReaper
Picture Forgotten

I forgot to add this pics too, they were part of all of the conversation.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2017, 05:08 AM   #7
Lucille
I am sorry your chameleon is not doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliReaper View Post
changed their policy
I went to their FB page and did not see a TOS of any kind. Perhaps they need to work on creating and posting one.
Quote:
I inquired if they had any health guarantee after it arrives like 10 days or a month but they said no
Quote:
so I told Jungle Florida that I would rather want a healthy Chameleon if they can not grantee me a healthy one than to refund my Money.
So did they basicly tell you that all they offer is a LAG?

Quote:
so I continue to observe her the 3rd day, which I find her hang upside down like she had no strength
Quote:
I really do not have much time to dispute or handle a seriously ill chameleon
Any critter can become ill, they are living creatures, deserving of care.Have you taken her to the vet? A professional opinion might help figure out why this chameleon is ailing, and give some insight into when the ailment started.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:28 AM   #8
caffeinecynic
https://www.morphmarket.com/stores/thejungleflorida/

"We ship overnight using UPS. We guarantee live arrival."

That is all their 'Store Policy' states on Morphmarket.

For what it's worth, I can personally vouch that their packing jobs - at least on snakes - are exceptional as I own a snake who came to me very healthy and exactly as described from them and packed well. Shipping via UPS surprised me as I believe it goes against their policy to ship snakes, but I believe they have a contract with them to allow it. I did not ask.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:14 AM   #9
Beyond GenetiX
I have a question, can anyone tell me if the Jay Eaton from "The Jungle Florida" is the same as, Jay Eaton from the "Exotic Jungle"? I'm assuming it is, but figured I would ask.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:19 AM   #10
AdamHess512
Things like this happen and it's shitty on both ends, but I feel that they did their job, I've had people who wanted me to ship the animal back and pay for shipping both ways, I feel that he did you a favour there. He offered a healthy animal in return for the shipping cost, as disappointing as it is, we have to remember that The Jungle is a business, for them to pay for the shipping on every replacement animal they might need to send isn't always feasible when dealing with things on a large scale. All in all, the 50-60 bucks to ship a chameleon is a small price to pay to receive a healthy one in return. Be happy it wasn't a 20 pound tortoise.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!