Torn about keeping venomous.... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
KelliH
If you do decide to take the plunge, do not start with a cobra or gaboon, start with something like a copperhead or possibly an eyelash viper.

Before you even start looking though, you need to make sure there is someone that lives close to you that can mentor you, someone that has many years of experience working with venomous snakes. This is the most important thing you need to do.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
FosterHerpetological
Just because you live in FL, the amount of hours and process will probably deter you.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
Skanakis
thanks guys....thank you for all your input

Old 12-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #14
Skanakis
alright my mind is made up...im not gonna step into that. Alot of your comments made more then sense. I think if a cobra crawled up the stick towards me (knowing its venomous)i would end up throwing that stick up in a tree and all you would see is a dust cloud as im running. I mean as far as getting bit...i can take pain. But not venom pain. And yes i treat all my animals as part of the family so i can see myself getting to comfortable with them. In my head i say i would have it as only a show peice. But i know my curiousity would get the best of me and buy a snake stick and take it out. Well thanks guys. Ill stick to my carpets and brazilian and the corn snake. I have 8 snakes all together. And i take my time with all of them. Thank you guys.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #15
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Seeing/feeling the power of a baboon strike will fill you with awe
*gaboon*
(Stupid phone.)

Old 12-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #16
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
*gaboon*
(Stupid phone.)
That cracked me up when I read that.

*Yup, Harald is sippin the juice again*

Old 12-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
AbsoluteApril
well.. baboons *are* pretty viscous.. I'd want to avoid a strike from one

Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 PM   #18
Gary O
I miss my venomous.... lol....

venomoid is not the way to go. Search for that topic here and read... I know I have made many posts.

best way to get into venomous it slowly and the right way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!