Animal Trax In Huntsville, AL Ransacked - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
vonnick52
Animal Trax In Huntsville, AL Ransacked

I don't live anywhere near there, nor do I know the people personally...but I've heard amazing things about this place and I can't stand to see this happen to them, so I am copying/pasting from another forum.

I regret to inform you that Animal Trax was the victim of a burglary sometime after midnight and before business hours today. Because of the police investigation, the shop will be closed all day today.
Unfortunately, Charlie and many of the other shop mascots were taken in this morning's burglary at Animal Trax. The loss of so much, especially personal pets, is very difficult. We'd like to ask that our customers with children please explain that many of the critters they love to visit may not be in the shop. While we hope Charlie and the others will be returned quickly and unharmed, it would be difficult for David and Daniel to explain their loss over and over again, especially to the kids.

The plans are to keep the shop closed through Thursday, June 11 as inventorying what was taken requires time. Another email message will go out when the shop is ready to open.
If you receive any information about this crime, please contact the Madison Police Department at 256-722-7190.

Thank you so much for understanding and for supporting David and Daniel during this difficult time.

Terry Hale, Hale Fire Glass

Here is a semi-complete list of what was stolen...
Charlie, the Bearded Dragon, is bright orange, larger than most, and definitely male. Approx. 2 and 3/4 years old.
Maxx, the Panther Chameleon, is blue/green w/ orange throat. Approx 2 years old.
Lash, the Crested Gecko, is a butterscotch color, with a partial tip of his tail missing, adult male. Approx. 2 years old.
Blue, the Blue-tongued Skink, is an adult male with partial toes missing. Approx. 2 years old.
Harley(I renamed this one Brutus!), the Albino Hog-nose, approx 1 and 1/2.

For sale:
A corn x king snake, approx. 1 year old. Orange/red with yellow markings.
A Dumeril's Boa, approx. 9 mths. old.
2 juvie corns, one pastel and one amel(?) Approx. 1 and 1/2 years old.
A Cali-king adult. Approx. 2 years old.
A Children's Python. Male, approx. 3 years old. Black spot on upper lip.
Several babie beardies...most of these will be light in color as the parents were snows.
Several babie crested geckos.
A red bull snake.
30 to 40 or more young tarantulas in solo type cups.

Domes, heat bulbs, kritter keepers, and more. The list goes on.

Unfortunately, I also lost 2 sub-adult Cyclops Chondros. Male and Female.

If you feel you have any information pertaining to this case, or suspect someone of pawning off these animals, please don't hesitate to call the Madison Police Dept.
256-722-7190.

Keep an eye out everyone!

Old 06-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #2
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I'm local and I know the shop~ I sell most of my rodents to them. I'm going to call David later this morning and see if I can get pics of any of the stolen animals that we can pass around the reptile boards so hopefully they will be impossible to sell online.

David and Daniel are REALLY nice guys~ this has got to be devastating for them. I hope everyone offers their support in finding the scumballs who would do this to two such fine gentlemen.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
here is a picture of Charlie~ a personal pet of the owner and store mascot that was stolen in the robbery. Please be on the lookout for anyone trying to sell Charlie.
Thanks

Old 06-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
Jorsher
I stopped in this shop to pick up food for my tarantulas and saw the news. Frankly, I'm pretty pissed about this and hope the criminals are caught. Mike and Daniel are great owners and really care about their customers.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I heard today that Charlie and some of the other pets where left in a bag on a car close to the shop with a note from the thieves that they felt bad when they saw children on the news crying over the missing pets. None of the supplies or stock animals were returned........this is still a huge loss to David and Daniel.........I'm glad Charlie is home.......but I still hope the police catch these thieves and string them up by their toes.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
Jorsher
Correct:

Quote:
Mixed reports, folks!! Too much excitement!! Animals were left on the hood of someones car!! Others were supposed tobe left behind the shop...still looking for more.

This is what I know of so far...

Charlie, bearded dragon
Maxx, panther chameleon
Blue, blue-tongued skink
children's python
dumeril's boa
one Chondro...don't know which one...

I gotta get to the shop!!

We aren't resting til everything is recovered!!! This is a great first step!!!

BTW, we r still missin 80-90% of what was stolen.

This isn't over, we r still missin dozens of reptiles, all the tarantulas and all the dry goods.
Still annoyed by the thieves, but a little less angry...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
animal trax, robbery