Garage ransacked Monday night, no animals involved. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
HiddenHollowHerp
Thumbs down Garage ransacked Monday night, no animals involved.

Well.. The thread description says animals or merchandise, so this sounded just fine and dandy to me.

My garage is bigger than my house. It has alot of things in it which are valuable to me, and apparently to someone else. When I went in there, the radio was turned on, and when I went to turn it off, I noted my ice auger and all of my fishing tackle to be gone. My fishing spear was gone as well as all of my good rods. Two (barely used) car batteries from FordF50 pickups as well as a 50-yard roll of soft copper tubing (which nobody could have moved without a vehicle). They took my whole bucket of antler sheds, which weighed.. I dunno, ten pounds? They were pretty gnawed up, so not worth much, but I do use them as supplements for my mice. Several large boxes of Winchester AA-HS ammo.. Probably $250 worth in all (I was supposed to be with a hunting party this deer season, and we never got together). Large, dull, authentic (but useless) Vietnemese machete which was hanging on my door as a scary decoration. $3,500 worth of horse tack, including 2 Western saddles, 5 leather bridles, 1 synthetic bridle, 2 snaffles, 1 curb, 1 tomb thumb, and 4 mullen mouths, my favorite suede saddle blanket, and the reins I made at saddle camp when I was a kid.

We suspect (pretty much know) that our neighbors have something to do with this, as they are the only ones in our neighborhood with (police records of) trouble with theft.

Anyone frequenting pawnshops or Native American establishments which sell things should use their best judgement when purchasing items similar to those above, as I will have them back, having created most of the horsetack with my own two hands in a unique matter. A police report has been filed, but it is obvious that the city police have grown tired of dealing with this family, and the tribal police have no jurisdiction because the family does not live on the reservation.

Anyone with information may contact me at hiddenhollow@live.com, please put my name (Adam) in the title, as you will find this is a shared address.

Thanks, gang.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
Lucille
I'm so sorry you got your stuff stolen, especially the tack

I hope you find the slimeballs who did it, and I hope they get put away for a good long while.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
HiddenHollowHerp
Thankyou, Lucille. I very much appreciate it.

I'm not concerned about punishment, I mostly just really want my tack back. All they left was a (tiny) synthetic jumping saddle and some halters in my tack box, plus a weymouth bit which is beyond use anyway. I'm just lucky my horse is broke or else I wouldn't be riding for quite some time.

Something came to mind while I was eating dinner. If anyone comes across any questionably acquired tack, two of my leather bridles and the nicer western saddle have invisible marker on them which appears under a blacklight. The markings on the saddle are on the cantle, the horn, and the stirrup straps. The bridles both have it on the left cheekstrap.

I can't believe I didn't mention this earlier. It was on the police report, however. The markings just say "AKB 56484", my initials and zipcode..

Old 01-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
RJK890
Quote:
If I lived near this barfbag, he would find an empty snakeroom, and all of the respectable people here would find a new snake or two in their collections!
Quote:
I would have started bagging snakes and giving them away to good, intelligent people capable of caring for them properly. These critters are so badly neglected that you probably could've nabbed the whole damn collection before anyone noticed!
I guess someone thought they could take better care of your belongings than you could. See what is wrong with that now...

Old 01-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
HiddenHollowHerp
Well, I can honestly say that none of my horsetack was sitting in plastic bins full of escrement and corpses.. That would be very icky.

However, I must insist that you not spam my thread. This is a thread to recover my missing belongings, not to tell me what a jerk I am.

Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!