Any green thumbers out there? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:59 PM   #21
Dennis Hultman
Few more
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #22
Dennis Hultman

Old 09-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #23
Dennis Hultman
Also working on my cabbage starts and cymbidiums.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #24
Dennis Hultman
I also have lots of mint. I like the chocolate mint. Working on some fern starts again but they really dislike me.

Lots of passion fruit, apples, oranges, tangerines, avocado trees, chayotes, persimmons, and pomegranates.

Edit-

Apricots, Myers lemons, one lime tree and peach tree.

Edit again..

Loquats can't forget the Loquats

Old 09-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #25
Dennis Hultman
Haven't watered any of my berries in a year because of the drought. They look extremely sad. Hopefully some survive.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #26
Dennis Hultman
Oh, I have staghorns that I'm working on separating today and mounting.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #27
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I also have lots of mint.
Sweet plants, the grouping looks like you could be looking at plants from another planet, like off Felucia in Star Wars. (I don't honestly expect others to know what I'm referring to in Star Wars, just saying).

Mint = both love it and hate it. Love walking around the yard popping a leaf in my mouth, so do the kids. Hate it because is grows like crazy anywhere it wants.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #28
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Guy in the video says, "I suggest you guys do this sometime". NO GRACIAS!

I lived in Chile for two years on church mission. I ate all kinds of peppers down there. I came home thinking I was tough stuff. My dad gave me a whole Habanero which I promptly popped in my mouth to show how cool I was. 1.5hrs later I was still in pain drinking milk, eating bread and even called poison control to ask for suggestions. I was an idiot.
this reminds me of a funny story, so allow me to go off topic for a sec:
back in my "petshop days" there was a friend I worked with (Joey) who was the "cool guy" type. He was really a good guy, just cocky. Well another friend, Tam, bet him $100 that he would not be able to do the "911 Challenge" at "Cluck U Chicken" over by Santa Clara University. Joey accepted, obviously.

After work, Tam, Joey, myself, Chris and Nic all went to Cluck U, ordered up and sat back to enjoy the show.
He was doing the whole "spicy ain't no thing" bs and building himself up by talking a good game the whole time... then the chicken arrived.
He did alright on the first of the 12 wings but the heat hit him right before he was able start on the second wing.
He did finish the second wing but only after Tam put the money in front of him. He suffered through every bite and then declared he had lost. Tam, being the nice guy that he is, decided to double down and put another hundred in front of Joey, convincing him to eat a third wing. When he finished that one he promptly ran to the bathroom to, uh, reject it.

Now we were all laughing our butts off but Chris thought he would try to capitalize on this. He asked how much if I eat one? Tam offered him $20 and Chris took the bait. He held it down long enough to get his money but joined Joey in the bathroom a few minutes later, while the rest of us enjoyed our regular chicken and lots of laughter.

But wait, there's more:
Now anyone who has tried the challenge (I have not, but watched many fail) will tell you that any spot the sauce gets on will burn like it was maced. This is true, I have seen people walk away from the challenge with red swollen spots all over their faces and hands. Bear that in mind when you read the next part.

The following day Joey's mom, Joey and Chris were going on a road trip, yes a road trip. Well somewhere along highway 5 the realized that what goes in must come out... and it will be just as hot.

Joeys mom said she could hear them screaming in the rest stop bathroom from the car. She also said they were limping, bow-legged, and dripping tears when they slowly made their way back to the car. She also said it was the same situation at 2 more rest stops.

That Monday, back at work, Joey told me and Tam the ENTIRE area around the, uh, exit looked like he had gotten poison oak. Man parts partially included. Tam and I had a hard time working after that because we were laughing so hard. When the boss asked what was going on, we told her and she started laughing. She promptly told her husband who also erupted in laughter.
I bet Joey won't do that again.

Ahh, good times.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #29
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I also have lots of mint. I like the chocolate mint. Working on some fern starts again but they really dislike me.

Lots of passion fruit, apples, oranges, tangerines, avocado trees, chayotes, persimmons, and pomegranates.

Edit-

Apricots, Myers lemons, one lime tree and peach tree.

Edit again..

Loquats can't forget the Loquats
You are lucky to be in a State where you actually get things like this grow. Half of what you have listed in your posts I have never heard of.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #30
Lucille
Staghorns are beautiful, I had one once mounted on a slab of wood and I really liked it.
Your succulent collection is awesome.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!