State Threatens Mother to Seize Infant For Feeding Homemade Goat Milk Formula - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
Dennis Hultman
State Threatens Mother to Seize Infant For Feeding Homemade Goat Milk Formula

State Threatens Mother to Seize Infant For Feeding Homemade Goat Milk Formula
http://freepatriot.org/2013/08/15/st...-milk-formula/

A 17-year-old mother in Maine has found herself in a battle against the state over what she feeds her 3 month old son, Carson. Alorah Gellerson had a difficult time breastfeeding her baby and decided to make her own homemade formula with goat milk. ”Oh, he loved it,” Gellerson said. “We put celery juice in it, and he just loves that, and it worked really well with his body, and he grew like a weed.”

However, the young mother made the giant mistake of telling her son’s pediatrician about the goat milk formula and was turned into Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), which resulted in an overnight stay in the hospital, home visits, the baby to be placed on “approved” infant formula and threatened with her son being removed from her care and placed in foster care if she did not comply.

WABI, a local news station, has been covering this story and interviewed another local pediatrician who seems just as equally confused by these actions. He said: “I’ve got plenty of kids in my practice that have been given goat’s milk, for example, and they’re growing and developing fine.”

Goat milk has been known to be healthier, more easily digested, and has less allergens than cow’s milk and has been to fed to babies in traditional cultures for thousands of years. The question is why the uproar? Why are there threats to the young mother?

The local media has tried to interview DHHS but there was no one available to take their calls and answer any questions, they did however, refer them to the government website that stated that goat’s milk is not suitable for infants.

Gellerson has complied with all the mandates from DHHS and has even switched to the store-bought formula but, the state is not dropping it. ”I hope this all goes away. It’s been so terrible and hard on us. We’re just trying to live our lives and they keep bothering us. I just want it to be all over,” Gellerson said.