Bad Guy DALE PICOLLA BAD GUY - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #71
rpeteroy
Hello Again, I have better power now storm is passing.
I have a full time, live in, tenant/employee that cleans my cages and takes care of all. I am not just your average keeper I have close to 100 varanids 50 snakes and about 40 adult bearded dragons and 200-500 baby bearded dragons at any given time. The animal in question is still way off and is very unstable but eats, and will do much better here then in the hands of someone like DALE PICOLLA. I will get more from the vet on monday but until then this is the case. As per the vet and as per my 20+ years experience and the comments of a DR Wayne, yes there is ailments from too cold to to hot that will never be testable and neurological is impossible because they need healthy brain signals and the animal in questions brain signals to determine differences. There is no database to pull that kind of information. Not to mention this kind of stuff would be pioneering. There is also things like parasites in and effecting other systems causing symptoms like this that would require a full autopsy. I am going to try to take a new video today, I have some fresh salmon again for them.

To all those interested: The animal is genuinely messed up and has some serious ailments. I am a rehabilitator for many reptiles and have never just let an animal die. I will do my best to give this little guy the best life possible. Regardless, I did not get a healthy animal as per John A. Jimmy Gorman, Dr. Peter Astarbi, Dr. Wayne, and myself. I have successfully bred many species of varanids and would like to try with some more of the less obtainable species cummingi, nuchalis, obor and many others. Unfortunately this animal is not what I paid for and should be refunded. If he wants the animal back no problem paypal my money and it will be on delta next day, it would be death to it but if its what the people want then that would be so.

Here is another video of the animal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sUYesF9ok

Old 08-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #72
JordanAng420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
Who leaves a sick, neurological "messed up" animal to fend for itself while they go enjoy themselves on vacation??
I mean really...who leaves ANY animal to fend for itself while one goes and enjoys themselves on vacation?

Old 08-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #73
JordanAng420
Thank you for the update, Ronald!

Old 08-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #74
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoologicalpets View Post
or drop the thread.
You are strongly trying to guide this thread the way you want it to go.
That is not so easy to do here, readers are genuinely interested in hearing all sides and making up their own minds.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #75
Lucille
Here's an interesting article:

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf...d_in_ille.html

Old 08-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #76
pch101
I am still interested in the legal issues with this Monitor. Ronald, would you mind filling us in on the situation.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #77
rpeteroy
fair game.

Hello,
Yes an interesting and mostly not true article Lucille. I did make a mistake with the turtles but all other sales and business was 100% legal. The turtles are kind of a messed up situation. I bought them in daytona about 10 years ago and brought them home to raise and breed. They were cites one since 1975. In 1990 they were ammended to cites 2, I looked for the ammendment but couldnt find it but heres cites list and another link to 1996 import quotas and showing where they are cites 2.
http://www.cites.org/eng/app/appendices.shtml
http://www.cites.org/eng/notif/1996/906.txt
It was the dealer that sold them to me that showed me all this telling me it was legal to bring them home. After being unsuccessful at breeding them I decided to sell them which I then posted them on kingsnake and got snared in that crap.

To PCH: Well legality hmm funny topic do you keep aussie animals? Or cummingi and many many more have started here illegally. I purchased this animal from DALE PICOLLA ask him where he got it? Or the one I bought from kingsnake last year where did that come from? Very valid question? I just wanna group them and breed them so people dont need to smuggle.
As far as NY tthis species has been lifted to species status and no longer carries the salvatore name. Varanus nuchalis is not illegal in NYS. As far as health codes, well as long as I dont sell any varanids in NYC or anything under health codes I am alright. I keep all business records and birth records and can prove where all my babies go when they are sold. I either wholesale to NJ or I ship to outside NYC. Its the same as lets say owning a BB gun mail order business, You can have it and ship from a place where it is illegal to own, if items are sold outside the illegal vacinity.

I will state again to those talking about leaving the animal alone READ THE POSTS BEFORE YOU MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF? YOU arguing about a covered topic THE ANIMAL WAS NOT LEFT ALONE I am not a regular keeper I am a breeder with a full time live in employee. My employee also fed the animal in question fresh salmon. I feed my animals better then I eat. Please those who are reading this post go look at my animals on youtube. I have a beautiful collection and am very proud to work with such wonderful specimens. I wish this was a good animal and I could make it work but something is seriously wrong with it and DALE is responsible no matter what. It came that way and is in bad shape there fore the responsible person would refund that is the bottom line.
Also if DALE PICOLLA is such a stand up guy why did he lie to all of you? He recieved pictures 3 weeks ago. Its before he stated "LOOK AT THE STARS IN ITS EYES RON" How do you people think he saw its eyes?

Now for all of you regardeless of any matter if you recieved a bad animal do you not get refunded????????????????
The fact is it is a bad animal and DALES responsibility.

Thank you

Old 08-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #78
rpeteroy
forgot something

Lucille, The turtles were ammended on CITES but never with fish and wildlife and thats why they were listed as endangered. The truth is they are farmed for food now in South America and shipped out globally in the millions. The US is just to cheap to remove laws after they are no longer valid. Perfect example and not to be dirty but anal or oral sex are considered sodemy illegal in NY(state I know but just an example) but they just passed the gay marriage law but never removed the sodemy law. I am not prejuduce just this was a funny topic I heard and facts to back it but there is many other laws that never get ammended because we do not remove laws. Well not unless there is some sort of hearing to prove and someone fights it. I did not have enough money to go supreme court in my case(over 50,000 for lawyer).

Thanks

Old 08-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #79
MeraukeJoe
You guys are unbelievable. You wanted proof about the animal, you got it. Try and stay on topic. Lucille, I see that you are doing what your accusing others of. Your not staying on topic, and are trying to guide this thread in a direction you want it to go. Sorry, but the OP past has nothing to do with a sick animal being sent to him. Only a blind man, who doesn't want to see the facts, wouldn't recognize that there's a problem with that animal. The BOI is a joke. This thread has had very little to do with looking at both sides of the argument, and more about people posturing and a bunch of BS. This will probably get deleted, but the fact that Dale won't even bother to defend himself says a lot to me.

Good for you Ronald, you proved your case. The mindless masses can't seem to stay on topic though.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #80
Wolfy-hound
Seeing the video, that monitor is definitely not healthy. If it arrived like that, then you should get a refund. Whether it happened in shipping or not, it did not arrive as a healthy monitor, and that falls onto the seller.

Reading the article showed a LOT of problems, as they said a lot vague things like an animal being legal but illegal to ship in, without actually saying the animal in question was illegally imported. That's akin to saying loudly that beardies are ILLEGAL TO IMPORT but "forgetting" to mention that the beardies in question were captive bred in the US.

The quote at the end from HSUS always makes me suspicious. If the turtles were the only illegal activity than the article is simply another case of the media crucifying a reptile keeper as per the HSUS demands. If there was actual illegal activity(other than having a couple turtles)such as illegal importation, keeping etc, then yes, I think the guy is helping ruin the entire hobby of reptile keeping. Don't give the public a bad example to point to when they want to enact more regulations against us.

To rp, you're lucky to have a person willing/able to care for your collection while you're gone. I hope the monitor turns around for you, or you can get a refund and return it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!