Bad Guy DALE PICOLLA BAD GUY - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #81
Gregg Madden
I am going to the OPs house tonight to take a look at the monitor... Ron kindly invited me over a couple of nights ago but I was too busy getting water out of my yard... But I am free tonight... Once I get back I will let you all know what I think...

I am having a hard time fuguring out why people are taking this so far off topic... The OP was shipped a sick animal... He contacted the seller... He provided the emails here as proof... The seller told him not to take it to the vet and to let it settle in... The OP went away on vacation and had someone watching and caring for his animals... He came back, posted a video and some of you are still trying to take this off topic... Lets stick to the fact in this situation...

I will be posting again as soon as I get back from the OPs house...

Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #82
the gecko geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeraukeJoe View Post
You guys are unbelievable. You wanted proof about the animal, you got it. Try and stay on topic. Lucille, I see that you are doing what your accusing others of. Your not staying on topic, and are trying to guide this thread in a direction you want it to go. Sorry, but the OP past has nothing to do with a sick animal being sent to him. Only a blind man, who doesn't want to see the facts, wouldn't recognize that there's a problem with that animal. The BOI is a joke. This thread has had very little to do with looking at both sides of the argument, and more about people posturing and a bunch of BS. This will probably get deleted, but the fact that Dale won't even bother to defend himself says a lot to me.

Good for you Ronald, you proved your case. The mindless masses can't seem to stay on topic though.
1: I agree with this. No one can seem to be satisfied these days...

2: Again, this is the main point of this thread. The BOI is for people to share good and bad experiences with buyers and sellers. Not to be judged and ridiculed by other members...

3: I was thinking the same thing..I think the threads on the BOI should be between the OP and the other party involved in the transaction. People would be able to make their own decisions based on the back and forth between the two.

But unfortunately I can't make the rules..

After seeing the video, I'm behind Ron on this one. I doubt the animals health could have deteriorated that badly in 48 hr..That condition takes time...I hope you at least get your money back.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #83
Gregg Madden
Just got back fom Rons house a little while ago...
First I want to say that the reptile house is very well kept and every animal in it is in perfect health besides the monitor in question...

On to the animal in question...

At first glance it looks healthy... It has good body weight... However, once the monitor starts to move around, the problems it has become quite clear... It is very uncordinated and seems to trip over its own feet as it walks... When it goes for food, it misses its prey a number of times before it finally gets it... This not typical for monitor lizards of any species ESPECIALLY V. nuchalis... It also sways back and forth and is not very stable as it moves around... It acts almost like a giant enigma leopard gecko...

My experience based on years of dealing with varanids and many other species of reptiles is that this condition could not have just happend over night or in transite unless it was subject to extreme temperatures... This looks to me like the animal was sent off in that condition...

It is also my opinon that the animal is not a female that is in breeding condition... In fact, many of its physical characteristics seem to point towards male in my opinion...

I would be very disappointed if this animal were sent to me after being told I was getting a breedable female monitor... Even if this animal turns out to be female, I highly doubt it would be able to cope with egg production and laying...

These are my opinions based on what I have seen...

Old 09-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #84
Bill T
Any news on this?

Old 09-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #85
RossCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Madden View Post
Just got back fom Rons house a little while ago...
First I want to say that the reptile house is very well kept and every animal in it is in perfect health besides the monitor in question...

On to the animal in question...

At first glance it looks healthy... It has good body weight... However, once the monitor starts to move around, the problems it has become quite clear... It is very uncordinated and seems to trip over its own feet as it walks... When it goes for food, it misses its prey a number of times before it finally gets it... This not typical for monitor lizards of any species ESPECIALLY V. nuchalis... It also sways back and forth and is not very stable as it moves around... It acts almost like a giant enigma leopard gecko...

My experience based on years of dealing with varanids and many other species of reptiles is that this condition could not have just happend over night or in transite unless it was subject to extreme temperatures... This looks to me like the animal was sent off in that condition...

It is also my opinon that the animal is not a female that is in breeding condition... In fact, many of its physical characteristics seem to point towards male in my opinion...

I would be very disappointed if this animal were sent to me after being told I was getting a breedable female monitor... Even if this animal turns out to be female, I highly doubt it would be able to cope with egg production and laying...

These are my opinions based on what I have seen...
Thanks for that, Gregg.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #86
tricia2475
I am new to Fauna, btu I have a question. I just watched that video, and was that a circular saw that poor moniter climbing on???

Tricia Smith

Old 09-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #87
Gregg Madden
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia2475 View Post
I am new to Fauna, btu I have a question. I just watched that video, and was that a circular saw that poor moniter climbing on???

Tricia Smith
Whats the difference??? Is there a point to this post or did you just want to impress us with your knowledge of powertools???

Old 09-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #88
rpeteroy
BAD GUY DALE PICOLLA

Hello, There has been no change in this animals condition which would put more proof that this was long term and the animal was shipped like that. Had this been some effect from blood loss from the nail or dehydration then all would be back to normal.
Yes that is a circular saw. The day I recieved the animal I built the wooden hide box so I could build it to the correct size. I wanted a brand new box that has not been contaminated by being in another animals cage. The footage I was looking for was to show how the animal cannot manuver around or over objects and could not be achieved in that cage it was in.

For further news there has been no contact with DALE PICOLLA and he has made no effort to correct the situation even after this thread was started. He even said he would make good in the emails posted.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #89
pch101
I just got a look at both videos, and I must say that it definitely looks like there is something very wrong with this monitor, and I seriously doubt it has anything to do with a broken nail during shipping. This looks more like a preexisting condition, and I would be interested to hear Dale's comments on these videos (Specifically if he feels this is normal behavior for a healthy water monitor).

Old 09-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #90
pch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Madden View Post
Whats the difference??? Is there a point to this post or did you just want to impress us with your knowledge of powertools???
The question was actually a very good one, and your sarcastic rude attitude toward a new person here is uncalled for and not appreciated. It is definitely irresponsible to let a large monitor lizard climb over a live power saw. It is definitely a potential accident waiting to happen, and that was the point. Honestly, it should not that hard to figure out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!