Bad Feedback - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
liltemptress7
Bad Feedback

I received bad feedback last year & I honestly don't think the person(s) that gave it to me should've been allowed to. They gave me bad feedback because they themselves didn't know what was going on & were unable to follow the discussion properly.

I chimed in on a BOI thread involving people *I HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH & ONE WHICH IS A PERSONAL FRIEND* After posting in their defense, this was posted to my profile. (copied & pasted)

Quote:
Anyone done business... 03-15-2013 02:12 PM Is there even a James involved in this thread? I think your posts are way off base and someone who is pissed off about something else
Anyone done business... 03-15-2013 10:04 AM no need to throw insults. arent you commenting on members in the boi that you have had no dealings with?
I have a problem with this because:
1) They are questions & the person asking isn't sure what is going on so they made assumptions.
& 2) I don't even know who wrote this! How could I have answered their questions?!? If I would have replied in the thread, THEN I'd be off base!

If someone is going to give bad feedback, I dont think they should be allowed to remain anonymous or give bad feedback because they are to lazy to read 20+ pages of a thread. I wasn't mad at anyone, I was defending people I've done business with & have had no issues with. I honestly think that sometimes, when you come to someone's defense, people start getting mad that you haven't had the same experience as someone that has had a less unfortunate one. People start turning on those who don't jump on their band wagon & it's not right.

So, is there anything that could be done about this bogus feedback?

Thanks!

Old 09-30-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Those comments were not posted to your profile, those are karma comments you received. No one can see them besides yourself (and the moderation team of course).

Karma is where people can give their opinion if they think a post was good or bad and make a comment if they feel it's necessary. You have a green box under your name which means your overall karma points are in the positive.

It's up to the person leaving the karma to decide if they want to add their name on it, otherwise, the ability to see who left karma is a perk of being a contributing member.

I hope this helps explain.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
Ed Clark
Barbara, if you become a contributing member you can see who has left you good or bad karma.

Don't get overly concerned about them little green or red chicklets.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
liltemptress7
ok sorry that I didnt understand it was not being shown on my profile.

But regardless, why should my karma be tarnished by someone that clearly doesn't understand what is being said in a discussion? They're asking questions & making assumptions. I think if they have questions, it should be asked through PM rather than giving bad karma, asking questions after the fact & not being able to answer.

It's obvious they don't know what is going on....it's a shame you give people the power to give bad karma to other users just because they feel like it or lack the capability to following & read a thread thoroughly.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #5
hhmoore
Just out of curiosity, was the square next to that comment red, green, or grey?

Old 09-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
Helenthereef
If you stay active on here, and make good interesting posts, that bad feedback will soon move down the list and you can ignore it - Karma is personal opinions, and you'll get misunderstandings now and again - nothing to worry over.

I see your little square is currently green, so it wasn't enough to put you into overall bad (red) karma. In fact if you hadn't brought it up here, no one else would ever have known...

Old 09-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
liltemptress7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Just out of curiosity, was the square next to that comment red, green, or grey?
It was red

I dont know if it was the same person or 2 different people.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
liltemptress7
Screen shot of my karma

I have pretty good karma for the most part, but this brings my karma down because they're too lazy to read everything.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #9
hhmoore
It was two different people...and I don't believe your characterizations of them are accurate. I doubt either of them gave you negative karma without reading enough to know what's going on; though, in many cases, one doesn't have to know what is going on to have a reaction to a single post. (I don't know which post earned you those responses, so that last statement may/may not apply.)

I believe the karma is built into vBulletin - it's a common feature; though some sites do turn it off. Why NOT allow negative feedback as well as positive? It is somewhat limited, in that only contributing members can leave negative karma...and negative karma has more constraints applied to its distribution, specifically to prevent abuses.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #10
liltemptress7
If they have an idea of what's goin on, why would they ask questions? Why not give me gray squares? The 3 good karma posts below the 2 bad ones were from the same thread.

I could understand if they're your friends & you're trying to justify their reasoning for the bad karma, but like I said, *I DID have dealings with the people in question* & I still received bad karma. They ASSUMED I've never had dealings with them & gave me bad karma because they failed to read thoroughly.

The other bad karma, they asked if there was a James involved. Yes there was, he was even posting in the same thread. Again, failing to read thoroughly.

I'm not trying to rehash on any of this old stuff, but my karma is affected because people failing to understand what is going on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!