Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 104 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #1031
DavidBeard
Rich people making donations = tax write off. I'm not impressed by that. Its been mentioned already that this is something that those who are financially well-off do quite frequently in order to have the façade of a humanitarian or philanthropist when in reality they do it for the publicity and because they can recoup some of the funds each year from taxes.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #1032
Sugarhedgie
He forgot the specifics. Please smh
And admits that he didn't tell me what albino he was sending me smh
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #1033
Really
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
That's a lovely story and all, but I say prove it. Based on Ty's behavior and his apparent greed I would love to see empirical evidence because I, quite honestly, don't believe it.
So, now you are calling me a liar too? Wow. Perhaps I should dig up my late husband so you can call him a liar too. Unbelievable. What "proof" do you want? I can provide testimony under oath if you want from people he has helped. However, you would likely assume that people would lie under oath.

Ty Park is one of the least greedy human beings I have ever met. Do you have ANY idea how much he has donated to conservation efforts???

Ty, as I understand it did attempt to send her the tegu and he attempted to make restitution. As I understand it, the woman refused and then proceeded to attempt to destroy a man's reputation and is now stooping so low as to file suit against a conservation organization. If I knew nothing else, that alone would destroy all credibility with me.

I don't care if you believe me. I know what Ty has done for me and for others -- including people he has never even met.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:23 PM   #1034
Sugarhedgie
Wait. He does remember. Well his version

And yes miss Susan Glynn mule
I am copying everything I am sent.

But what did I twist?????

He did say he didn't remember the specifics and did say that he didn't say anything about the albino he would be shipping!!!!!!!!

I'm not calling you a liar but who's twisting what Susan?

And ty keeps telling his groupies that the court decided to dismiss the case. But I ASKED THAT IT BE DISMISSED.
TY chose to only post pieces of the order
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2017, 10:31 PM   #1035
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really View Post
Ty Park is one of the least greedy human beings I have ever met. Do you have ANY idea how much he has donated to conservation efforts???
Had you read the thread, without viewing it through a filter of needing to see him in the best possible light, I think there's an easy case to be made for the idea that Ty Park absolutely behaved in a greedy manner in this situation. Be that as it may, do you have ANY idea just how irrelevant his charitable contributions are to this situation?

Quote:
Ty, as I understand it did attempt to send her the tegu and he attempted to make restitution.
Had you bothered to even read the posts immediately before your most recent one, you'd see just what his "attempt" amounted to: a continued refusal on his part to answer some extremely relevant questions. He admits that he never bothered to specify just which tegu he intended to send. Had he taken the 30 seconds required to inform her, "I'm sending you a T+ albino, like I provided the other raffle winners," all of this "smearing" wouldn't never have happened. Every meaningful choice that led to this situation becoming what it has, was made by Ty Park.

Quote:
As I understand it, the woman refused and then proceeded to attempt to destroy a man's reputation and is now stooping so low as to file suit against a conservation organization. If I knew nothing else, that alone would destroy all credibility with me.
If your understanding doesn't include acknowledgement of the fact that the OP's so-called refusal was simply in lieu of receiving vital information that Ty Park consistently refused to provide, then said understanding is glaringly flawed. If the simple act of a wronged person pursuing what they're owed - regardless of how you or anyone else choose to perceive those who may end up being named in their lawsuit - is enough for you decide they're no longer credible, I think that's saying more unflattering things about your own credibility. You seem to think that once you've put someone on a pedestal, they're beyond all reproach. Sadly, that's not how it works out here in the real world.

Quote:
I don't care if you believe me. I know what Ty has done for me and for others -- including people he has never even met.
Much like the charitable contributions that so many seem unable to see past, what he has or hasn't done for others has zero relevance here. You choosing to focus on such meaningless trivialities suggests some interest in diverting attention from your own inability to righteously defend Ty's actions.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:35 PM   #1036
Really
If you asked for the case to be dismissed, why then are you suing one of the finest conservation organizations in existence? What kind of person sues a nonprofit?

Although I had not posted on Fauna in a very long time, I am not just jumping into this but followed it from the beginning. It seemed to me that Ty was doing everything he could to handle this situation as reasonably as possible. Furthermore, I know from personal experience what a generous person Ty is, even to people he barely knows. He has also given huge amounts to support conservation, has paid people's vet bills, helped the sick and the dying, donated animals and so much more. Ty has always stood behind his farm and his animals and he is not a man whose feathers are easily ruffled. It takes a lot for that to happen.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #1037
Really
Fangthane, it is not irrelevant in that it goes to character.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:52 PM   #1038
Fangthane
Quote:
Fangthane, it is not irrelevant in that it goes to character.
The only character traits that truly matter are those he put on display within this specific situation. Unless one is desperate to find some way to make him look less villainous, focusing on his past actions serves no useful purpose here. For whatever rationalization he chooses to hide behind at the moment, he's failed to provide the raffle winner with her prize. No amount of tax write-offs will do anything to change that. There's no gray area here. Even if your goal is to show that there's no negative pattern of behavior - which wouldn't be true, based on Lynn Peterson's claims - you're still accomplishing nothing worthwhile, since it doesn't negate what happened during this discrete event.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #1039
Really
Sorry, character, true character, always matters. I have no need to be desperate here. It is not as cut and dry as his refusing to provide the raffle winner with her prize. And no, I don't believe there is a negative pattern of behavior in ANY case, including this one.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #1040
DavidBeard
Quote:
So, now you are calling me a liar too? Wow. Perhaps I should dig up my late husband so you can call him a liar too. Unbelievable. What "proof" do you want? I can provide testimony under oath if you want from people he has helped. However, you would likely assume that people would lie under oath.

Ty, as I understand it did attempt to send her the tegu and he attempted to make restitution. As I understand it, the woman refused and then proceeded to attempt to destroy a man's reputation and is now stooping so low as to file suit against a conservation organization. If I knew nothing else, that alone would destroy all credibility with me.

The situation "as you understand it" is not in line with what really happened, I am sorry to say. If you read the evidence put forth in this thread instead of just blindly trumpeting his "good deeds" (aka tax write-offs) then you would have a different perspective I believe.

Why does an organization having nonprofit status exempt them from scrutiny? You cannot allow someone or a group of people to have a pass simply because they donate money to a cause.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu